sako m995 30378 weatherby

asa

I have a chance to purchase this gun from a friend. The gun is flawless . I am looking for opinions on this gun for accurancy out to 1000 yards. Also what is a fair price to offer. thanks

asa; couldn't find the Sako 995 in my outdated Firearms Catalog, but they listed the Wby Accumark at $1250 new. The best real price info is probably online.
What is the barrel contour, twist and length? Does the rifle group 1 moa or better? Some of the Accumarks won't.

The cartridge is an excellent long range .30 cal., capable of good accuracy. I have one on a MK V action and chambered with a factory dimension reamer (lots of freebore) that has shot .435" with the fouling shot and .204" for the last 4 rounds at 100 yds.

In my experience, the factory Sako rifles have been inconsistent on accuracy, but consistent on quality, and can be made to shoot.

Good luck. Tom

Last edited:

thanks for your reply,I have decided to pass on this gun. I talked to a local gunsmith he said they were only made for 2 years hard to find parts and not a lot of aftermarket parts available.

Good choice on passing on that rifle, I don't think you would have been happy. Have one built and you will be much better off.

Wildcat

I have this rifle in 7.82 warbird, had to have it glass bedded. Boy !!! does this gun shoot less than 3/8 in moa. Topped w/ leupold mk 4 6.5x20 tmr reticle . All I can say is wow. I am looking for another in 340 weatherby does anyon know where I can get one Ross

I had the same rifle and was very happy with it. Had it re-barreled only because I wanted a longer barrel. If you don't want it, I may know someone who does.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts