Rail for Sako

Ankeny

I am using a Nightforce scope on an old L61R Sako receiver with Warne rings. Nightforce scopes are a bit on the heavy side and I would like to use a Picatinny rail and Badger rings. About a year ago I saw a Website that had rails that slip over the Sako integral dovetail, then holes are drilled and tapped to secure the rails. I have searched all over the place and darned if I can fine the site. Anyone know where I can get a rail for a Sako? Thanks.

Same here,

The Near Manufacturing base is great, BJ has one on his 300RUM and it is a great peice of equipment

steve

BTW, for anyone reading this post, Near is sold out of the Sako rails and doesn't anticipate producing more for about a year.

Try US Optics, they have a rail for the Sako M995. I think George at GA Precision can also put a custom rail on.

Drill and tap...that's the answer. FWIW, the 2 piece Remmy LA bases from Nightforce, along with their rings, makes a pretty neat installation.

I contacted Richard, at Near mfg last week about getting several bases for a couple of Sako projects I am working on. He does not have any in stock and didn't know when he was going to have time to do any. Basically, he is busy working on more popular (money making) projects and does not have time to re-tool/program for 3-4 bases.

Since I need these bases, I would like to put together a LRH buy so that those in need can get these for their projects.

I have one Near base for a Sako, and they are the best bases money can buy – especially when you consider the machine fit in the dovetail of the Sako action.

If you want a Sako base now is the time to get together and make a group order so he will machine these before the end of the year. Let me know.

I am also looking for a rail for my Sako 995/TRG-S in 338 Lapua. I tried Badger Ordnance and Warne, but no luck. Heard Lazzeroni might have some since they used the action and Warne made em rails once apon a time. Have an email pending with them. I have a Leupold MK4 6.5-20x50 scope I want to mount, and I wonder if I will need a 25MOA base for long range shooting. Is this what you will be ordering? If not are there rings available that will compensate? What about US Optics rails? They seem to offer one for Sako M995. Advice appreciated. I'm just getting started in long range. Stumbled over the rifle at a good price, like the cartridge, and am trying to get set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.