Ruger Black Hawk .357 ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigbuck, Feb 1, 2013.

1. bigbuck

bigbuck Well-Known Member

A friend of mine bought a Ruger Revolver .357 Black Hawk pistol it also came with a 9MM Cylinder . He doesnt like it because you have to cock it and shoot every time you want it to fire . He thought it would fire each time by simply pullin the trigger. Is their any way he can fix this ? Maybe he isnt doing something right ?

He said he would also like to know what its worth ? It looks brand new .

Thanks for looking.

2. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

It's probably a single action revolver. Check the trigger if it sets toward the rear of the trigger guard it is a single action. If the trigger is more centered in the guard it's probably a double action. Single action has to be cocked manually double action does not.

3. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Your buddyhas Blackhawk convertable, it's a single action and retail is $679. No fix as it's already perfection unless you get it tuned up. The Redhawk is a double action.

4. IdahoRedneck

IdahoRedneck Well-Known Member

E zacty.....your freinds gun is workin how it supposed to. There sellin between 4 to 5 used.... However I wouldnt put that caliber at the top of the desireable list....jmho

5. bigbuck

Thanks guys for all of the Info. He bought it used for $400 came with the box it looks like new. He didnt realize you had to cock it and shoot every time , he wanted it for home defense. Thanks again.

6. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

Load up some 125gr hp, push em to max load. That load is a very good 1 shot fight stopper

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Oh, you youngsters.... I love the single actions. I have a Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 mag. Maybe your friend should watch some old westerns and learn to "fan" the hammer. That is a lost art for sure.

Jeff

8. IdahoRedneck

May be a youngster:rolleyes: but I know thr value of a good sixgun, we own two, one 44 and a 45.... Heres the 45 and let me tell ya, hot rod it a little bit with a ruger tc only load its bad medicine:)

Attached Files:

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

IR, my remark was just kidding the OP a little about wanting to fire rounds faster. Nothing toward your post at all.:rolleyes:

Jeff

10. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

I had a Blackhawk in 357 years ago, and hated it, never had anything beat the piss out my trigger finger so bad, the only after market grips available then where those huge Houge grips the made the hammer nearly unreachable.

11. IdahoRedneck

I know broz...... I picked up the humor and was just keeping it going a little cuz I do love them guns:D
    No offense was taken or intended.....haha there needs to be a dedicated "kidding, sarcastic" font.....

12. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I wonder what a good "fanner fifty"goes for these days?

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Cool! I love those guns too. Looking for a single action 22 right now. I am going to train my horse to shoot off of. I figure a single action will be the safest for this as it would be less likely to discharge when we hit the ground.:D

Jeff

14. bigbuck

Yes , "I'm still wet behind the ears" :) but the owner is in his 60's maybe close to 70. The barrel looked nice and long tho. I actually thought about buying it 400 seems to be a good price . What do yall think about the price ?