Ruger 77/17 problems

YOSEPPY

I've got a 77/17 that I put a vortex viper scope on but I ran out of adjustment. I'm not even hitting the box at 25 yards! Is there something I can do?

If the 77/17 is built off the same action as a 77/22 is check the scope ring height and make sure they are the same. The 77/22 I had was a flat top. I worked a Sight In Day at a range and a guy was having trouble with a flat top 44 Ruger. The scope rings was one tall and one short like for a 77 Ruger. Shot over the target, They changed them around. Then it shot in the ground in front of the target. He had to get the dealer to change the rings to get it zeroed. Good Luck in getting it to zero.

Thanks for the reply. The back ring is taller in the back. They are the Leopold rings and in the directions it says the 77/17 needs the taller ring in the back... Guess I'll have to find some cheap rings to test that theory out.

hello, you have a hell of a rifle there!I have a ruger 77/.22magnum varmint model w/longer st.st.barrel and a weaver 4x scope.It shoots really great with original rings that came with it.I,m lookin for the same thing in .22longrifle!:D

Dskiper I couldn't agree more! I've been wanting a 77/22 for ever and i picked up this one for like 300 bucks brand new. Hope to get it shooting soon.

I had same problem. Even tried some Warne rings, didn't help.

Although I can't prove it, it appears to me the action cut for the barrel is not true to the center line of the action. Th gun was an inherited 2003 model, so I opted not to send back to Ruger.

My fix was a folded portion of beer can on sides of the mount. For me, it was shooting left, so I shimmed the left rear and right front base.

Base adapters (to weaver) and Burris rings were an option but I read issues/negatives with just about every solution. So far my beer can has worked.

morning, did ur rifles come with a weaver style scope base?? if so I used warne

1"steel rings for a Ruger 77/22 Mag. If u still have problem, Call ruger arms, speak

to customer svcs. or if the ruger 77/22 comes with ruger style rings. 1 will b for

front receiver base and 1 will b for the rear receiver base. 1 will b

higher than the other. I have 6 M77V's never have a problem.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.