Rifle with Swappable Barrels

We've been using Desert Tech SRS rifles for several years and have barrels from .223 to 338 Lapua. Less than a minute to swap barrels and the return to zero is incredibly repeatable.

I had the WTO (West Texas Ordnance) Switch Lug installed on my Tikka Tx3 TAC A1 and have a .308 and a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it. Both barrels are very accurate and switching them is as simple as loosening the clamp screw, removing the barrel, screwing in the other barrel and torquing the clamp screw again. I can do it all in just a couple of minutes if I am moving slow, and I experience very little change in point of impact. Last year, I wanted to take the .308 version to Africa, but did not want to take the chassis so I removed the barreled action and dropped it in a factory composite stock. It worked just fine on the hunt and if I had wanted, I could have taken the Creedmoor barrel with me. I have been very pleased with the system and it is much cheaper than the Blaser or Desert Tech solutions.

Does anybody have a rifle for which they have more than one caliber barrel they switch out? For instance, 7PRC and 300PRC barrels for one action. Does it work well? Technical issues?

Thanks!
I have a SIG 970SHR which has barrels in 270 Win, .280 Rem, .30-06, .308 Win, .300 Win Mag, and 7mm Rem Mag. I have shot all the barrels in the action. All shot well once zeroed. I finally settled on the .270Win for my hunting. Out to 700yds it is dependable and accurate. I haven't had any tech issues yet, but then again I never tried to be a quick change artist, and I didn't do it very often. Its a great rifle. Only takes a few minutes to switch out a barrel.

Sad they ruined that company and stopped making them. I really enjoy it for hunting. Still plenty of barrel's available
I've talked to a few guys that were having custom barrels done, not sure who did them but it may be worth checking out if you can't find anymore barrels

I've talked to a few guys that were having custom barrels done, not sure who did them but it may be worth checking out if you can't find anymore barrels
SSK, Eabco, Bullberry, and Match Grade Machine still make custom barrels. SSK has been trying to make a Contender clone frame for a few years but plagued by repeated manufacturing delays. Encore frames are no longer available.

Remember TC Dimension switch barrel bolt action?

"And that's exactly what the new T/C Dimension is: a radically new bolt-action design that offers complete interchangeability among 10 different cartridges in four separate cartridge families initially running from .204 Ruger to .300 Winchester Magnum.

To swap between cartridges within one family all you need is an additional barrel; the magazines and bolts are the same. (There is one exception; the magazine group for the .22-250 is a standalone.) To swap between cartridges in different families, you'll also need the correct bolt assembly, and a magazine housing and magazine for that family's cartridges. All barrels, bolts, and magazine groups work interchangeably with the standard Dimension receiver and stock assembly."

I wonder if that was done today how it would be received.

When you get down to it, any AR platform is a switch barrel, or switch upper, rifle. I know the thread is about bolt guns, but think about how much easier to change an upper is. My MSR has 5.56 and 6.8 uppers and I have a hankering for a 224 upper, just because.
A guy can never have enough guns🤣

Assuming a fellow had a R700 that he liked, but wanted to do a switch barrel setup without using a Remage style nut what would be the recommended method?
WTO switchlug
I make all of mine as a shouldered fit, once I record those dimensions, I can just hit the program, and copy those dimensions, no need for go gauges while putting a barrel on, only for initial head spacing on the chamber.

I have never found the concept of the WTO Switchlug useful…maybe it could be. I don't like barrel nuts/clamps/screws. Had a Blaser years ago, lost the torx bit while hunting…

Cheers.

Yes I do. One rifle For now, 6 calibers. 338LM, 300PRC, 6.5PRC, 308 Win, 6.5CM, & 6 CM.
I used a West Texas Ordinance SwitchLug. ~$145. https://westtexordnance.com/switchlug/

Same principle as the Fusion in video on this thread. But I think has advantages. It uses a single T-25 bolt (tightened to 30"/lbs) that's on top of the barrel, so action doesn't need to be removed from chassis to change barrel. It takes no more than 5 minutes for a change. Not uncommon to shoot 4 different calibers on a day at the range.
Rifle:
KRG Whiskey 3 chassis
Action: Defiance Ruckus Tactical LA
w/ 3 bolts, each bolt with different bolt knob and fluting, so just looking at action I know which bolt is in.
Triggertech Diamond
F3R mount
Nightforce ATACR

All mags are Accurate-mag SSSF 3.85" They have a 308 mag in 3.85, nice not to have any COL constraints.
4 barrels Proof Research Carbon Fiber.
2 6.5PRC and 6 CM Bartlein gain twist LH

If you're looking to do a multi cal rifle do check out the WTO swichlug. All that's needed for a change is a T-25 wrench.

I am surprised to not hear more people using a Terminus Zeus QC as the action for a switch barrel rifle. At least with the Terminus you do not need an action wrench and vise nor do you need to take it out of the stock or remove the scope. I plan to build one for my personal rifle next year with this action, if all works out as I hope, I will probably sell majority of my safe queens and replace them with barrels.