Rifle weight survey

Rich, what are your barrel specs of the 32oz barrel, thats light? Also what is the total weight?

After calling several barrel companies and getting a "No" if they would duplicate the Weatherby contour I called Pac-Nor. Not only would they match Weatherby's contour they would make it any length I asked, and flute it. I asked for 26". The contour is about .050" smaller than a #1. The chamber was like a .25 Gibbs with the shoulder pushed forward even more. I fired a nine shot group of 3/4". It was actually three three shot groups on the same target. That rifle is the one listed in post #27 above. It was salt bath nitrided.

Yes but then adding up different mounts clouds things. Unless you have the measurements. There are big differences between rails and rings. I'm just saying if you really want to aid in building rifle specs it would be better to leave out optics. Do you want to guess what my Tikka super light weighs with a March 2.5-25x52 with a Talley rail and Seekins rings?

Ok rfurman24 I give! What does your Tikka super light weigh? What caliber?

This thread was entertaining and interesting to say the least. I'll throw one more in the mix.
Rem 700 trued action
24" #3 Benchmark
Darin Blagg Custom "lightweight stock" w/ decelerator
Jewell trigger
Talley lightweight rings and bases
Leupold VX6 2x12 CDS
6.7#

This thread was entertaining and interesting to say the least. I'll throw one more in the mix.
Rem 700 trued action
24" #3 Benchmark
Darin Blagg Custom "lightweight stock" w/ decelerator
Jewell trigger
Talley lightweight rings and bases
Leupold VX6 2x12 CDS
6.7#
Oh yeah- that's in a 270 win and w/o any hulls in it!

Nice! Do you know what the stock weighs??
Man, I am way off my game today, mine is a #2 contour Benchmark. If I remember correctly the stock is 23oz, but a call to the Smith could confirm. It is a dream to carry. Not quite as light as my Rem. 700 Titanium with 2.5x8 Leupold VX III but it shoots considerably better.

Also a
7mag Stiller action-26" #3 benchmark w/2" brake, Jewell trigger, Darin Blagg Signature stock w/Decelerator pad, Nightforce 5x20x56 SHV on/in 20moa rail, Nightforce steel rings. 9# empty

My elk thumper-Defiance,fluted bolt,ABS 26'' braked,Lonewolf summit,338NM alum bot knob 7-2oz.bare

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.