Rifle scope buying advice needed!

Rifle scope discussions are a can of worms. I have been as guilty as many with posting my opinion and will try to restrain myself in the future. Choices are extremely numerous and individual input is only personal perception. I've read hundreds of opinions on the best scope and there are hundreds of opposing arguments for one's favorite. The OP gave a price range and distance and could possibly go up a few $. Perhaps he should do more research and possibly take a trip to a shop or two and physically view scopes to arrive at what he perceives as a good fit. Most scope manufacturers have fairly good customer service and some are downright excellent. Prior to purchase, check the online sites like Amazon, Cameraland, Optics Planet etc. Lots of sale items this time of year, many with free shipping TYD. Good luck

Best optics post ever. I spend an average of 5 DAYS looking thru glass before I buy. Ask an optometrist, eyes are different. Go hang out at 5 or 6 stores and really look with the glass you wanna buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.