Remington VS savage

Savage or Remington

• Remington

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Savage

Votes: 60 74.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For what it's worth between Remington and Savage if you put them in a apples to apples battle and your NOT doing any extra work to them I give savage the win every time. If your gonna do extra work or have a smith fit them up then I go with Remington. and obviously you can't put a savage Axis against a Sendero or a 770 up against a LRPR. But if we are talking about a Sendero VS a 10FCP in the same caliber I give savage the win and it's a couple hundred cheaper to boot.

i have loved shooting, building and working with the savage never had a problem and impressed with how accurate a factory gun can be with a little reloading

Remington !

The whole barrel nut is a turn off for me .(what did they use a pipe wrench to install it?)
And I dont like the trigger system meaning the skeleton thingy that sticks out from the trigger :)

I have considered purchasing a savage but the 2 things I mentioned, I thought what the heck am I thinking and back on the shelf it goes.

You may have been worried to hear what all the remington guys would have said. You can always put a different trigger on and make it that much better. If you ever see a good deal on one give it a an honest try and see what you think of the performance. Just like I am giving a remington action a try on a customer that I am having built this winter, but mostly because the humanity that I am using uses only remington and remington variants to build on.

not to many post ago there was a rem build that had a savage barrel nut on it and it looks pretty good. Little bit of Irony for ya. I had a local smith tell me he didn't like savage and didn't like working on them and they didn't do well for builds Cause they were mass produced and no quality.:cool: Now what the heck does that mean? Savage has come along way compared to what they were 15 20 yrs ago. I don't think Rem has much room to talk as well, I like Rem but it's hard to fork out $600 $700 or more for a rifle when part of that price is for the name on the barrel. That goes for any factory rifle some are better then other and personal preference plays big part as well. Hopefully more after market suppliers will see that savage is jut as good as Rem, Win, etc.. and start giving more options!!!! my .02 for what it's worth have a great day to all

Its an easy choice for me, Savage wins out everytime, they shoot great right out of the box, are very easy to work on and if you choose to build a custom off of the action, the machinig work is usually a 1/4 of what it takes to true up a remington 700, especially the newer 700 actions., it actually cheaper to just buy a stiller action than work over a rem. IMO..... hey Calib, Mariannes new 6.5 wsm is almost up and running we should have it done by the small game shoot in december, I know its not able to shoot the course but I can show it off.lol

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.