Remington VS savage

Savage or Remington

• Remington

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Savage

Votes: 60 74.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Savage. Barrel change/replacement is a breeze and they are accurate to say the least. Jim Briggs at Northland Shooter Supply is now selling REMAGE barrels with a barrel nut for the Remington 700 line. Seems to be catching on with Remington shooters.

Savage. Barrel change/replacement is a breeze and they are accurate to say the least. Jim Briggs at Northland Shooter Supply is now selling REMAGE barrels with a barrel nut for the Remington 700 line. Seems to be catching on with Remington shooters.

Not this remington shooter ! "Remage barrels" Patooie :rolleyes:

It will always depend on which Remington. If it is a 5 R or a Sendero. Remington everytime

I have had many good shooting remingtons, although they are quite a few years old. I have shot friends savages that were great also.
I am partial to remington in rifles though. I haven't bought a factory rifle in years, I have them built for me and since I have enough remington actions to do this I see no need to buy any actions ie stiller, bat, etc.
At this time I doubt I would ever buy another factory rifle, I'll just have one made and it will be exactly what I want.

My dad owns a small custom rifle shop and sells a few factory rifles now and then. He usually checks the throats and chambers in the factory guns that come through and he has said that by far a larger percentage of Savage rifles have straight throats and chambers as compared to Remingtons. AND he used to be a diehard Remington guy.

If you're looking to shoot a factory rifle, go Savage!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.