Remington sendero 7mm magnum

hey guy, I met this guy the other day and he says he has a sendero sf in 7rm for sale. he says he wants 1100.00 but he wont tell me the round count through the barrel, either because he don't know what it is or he has a **** pile through it. what are your opinions on purchasing one of these rifles used. I have been looking into buying one for awhile but I never really trusted buying a used rifle. any suggestions

$1100 is too much for a used Sendero no matter the round count, unless it comes with decent optics. It can be risky buying used rifles, but if you know what to look for you can get really good rifles for decent prices. If you get it in your hands look for general wear on the exterior of the rifle to include the crown; looking for nicks, dings, and scratches. Next pull the bolt and give the chamber a good visual inspection looking to see if the bore is clean and the rifling edges look sharp. Check to see if it's bedded. If it has, make sure it's done properly. Also, check to see if it has an aftermarket trigger this could increase the value depending on which trigger it has. If everything looks good you're probably Okay.

hey guy, I met this guy the other day and he says he has a sendero sf in 7rm for sale. he says he wants 1100.00 but he wont tell me the round count through the barrel, either because he don't know what it is or he has a **** pile through it. what are your opinions on purchasing one of these rifles used. I have been looking into buying one for awhile but I never really trusted buying a used rifle. any suggestions

When you buy a rifle that old you take a gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You just gotta decide how bad you want it. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of the Sendero SF models. I have 3 of them (7mm STW, .25-06 AI, and .300 Ackley). And a custom 700 "Sendero" built using an original Sendero barrel factory chambered in 7mm STW.

I would try to talk to him around 750-850 with an unknown round count. If the throat is slightly cracked, you could always have the chamber opened up to 7mm STW to take out some of that throat wear. :D

thanks guys for the imput. I had in my mind the $900 range but to be honest I think im gona just let it go. as much as would like to have that style rifle I feel that my better gamble would be spending a few extra hundred buck and taking my chance on a NIB rifle. for me to even go see that rifle and give it a inspection would take a 3-4 hour drive and I just don't feel it is worth it. time Is money too!!

Remington Sendero 7mm, bobro QD mounts, Vortex HS-T 6 x 24 x 50mm. Shoots HSM very well. Sub MOA at 750 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.