7mm Remington Magnum vs 7mm Weatherby Magnum

which to me reads that you are saying that the slower twist bbl aids in the faster FPS thing.

My response was that the 1/2 inch twist has very little effect on speed.

If I am missing something? Am I reading something that isn't there? Please point it out to me.

Tod
Not the intent at all. Maybe I'll say it like this yet one more time.

1. You can get up to 200fps more from the Weatherby. Up to. But, not always.

2. (And this is still a second separate point) The biggest difference between the two, if one is going to buy one is (not speed but) the twist rate that some Remingtons are configured. This has an effect on stabilizing bullets. Some non-Remington brand rifles come in a 1:10 twist, which then puts them on a level field with regard to twist rates. Don't necessarily buy on speed.

3. (I'll add that) There is no relationship between twist rate and speed. Never said it, never will.

I'm not sure how else I can say it yet again, so I won't.

Great posts as always.

As gun guys we are always experimenting and finding better ways to do something

My 7mm Weatherby got traded away and I loved it. I only have a couple 7mm Rem and a favorite Kimber of Oregon.

It gets down to whether you like the uniqueness or ease? A Suzuki is quicker than A Ducati but which would you prefer to ride?

If you love the unique rifle in camp, get the Wearherby. If you love the experimenting with a proven standard and tune, The Rem Mag is hard to beat.

Either one will give you a plathora of experimenting. And most important, use the one you have confidence in.

Best wishes in your quest.

I ended up rebarreling a Mark V in 7mm rem mag with a 1:8 3b fluted bartlein and it is awesome!!! Looks like an accumark. The action is a little heavy but it is really smooth, and the 54º bolt lift is great.

PzFmkAIBRGee9NmsEsdIeA_zpsye1xuo3x.jpg

Great posts as always.

As gun guys we are always experimenting and finding better ways to do something

My 7mm Weatherby got traded away and I loved it. I only have a couple 7mm Rem and a favorite Kimber of Oregon.

It gets down to whether you like the uniqueness or ease? A Suzuki is quicker than A Ducati but which would you prefer to ride?

If you love the unique rifle in camp, get the Wearherby. If you love the experimenting with a proven standard and tune, The Rem Mag is hard to beat.

Either one will give you a plathora of experimenting. And most important, use the one you have confidence in.

Best wishes in your quest.

After owning a Ducati and dealing with their issues, I'd pick the Suzuki! Nothing but issues, and don't get me started on valves. Mine required new valves last year and those d*mn things are made out of titanium alloy coated in diamond and cast in the fires of hell by elves, and to replace them you have to find tools made by a dragon who gave them to a leprechaun to protect them. Try and find those at a discount! I replaced the valves with steel but we'll see how long they last.
Sorry for the thread jack btw

This is the biggest difference. You can get up to 200fps more from the Weatherby, but for larger/longer bullets the twist rate holds you back with the Weatherby rifles. I have "more than one" 7mm Wby, and getting a 160 to work in some is a challenge. My 7mm Rem Sendero shoots the 168 Bergers with no problems though.

If they ever come out with an Accumark in 7mm Wby with a 1:9.25 barrel I'll be in line for one. Or, I'll someday make my own.
A few years ago I was having a hard time trying to make rounds for my mark V and settled on 150 Barnes. I took a nice elk with it now I'm shoot 145 Lrx. it's a one whole gun

If you want something 7mm mag that's more powerful than a rem mag, the Weatherby isn't it. Not a whole lot of gain to be had. If you want more, I'd go 7mm STW or 28 nosler. Since you obviously don't have any problems with a belt, I'd go STW. It's a neat round with a cool history.

The weatherby is faster , more efficient, more expensive . If ya want a gun that will out perform the 7mm rem and be a closer comparison to the 300 win mag and make ya smile everytime ya look at it get the Mark v . If ya want a gun you can buy anywhere with ammo that is easy to obtain get the rem . Bottom line is the weatherby out performs a 7mm rem mag anyone telling ya different is just lying