remington m 700

Not too many thoughts. I'm hoping the new RemArms Company can get their act together and produce quality rifles. My last couple from the former Remington had some questionable QC. It would be nice to be able to buy an off the shelf rifle that would compete with Tikka or Bergara at a similar price point.

I have loved Remington for forever…. Until about four years ago. I bought an action with an R serial number. I had some issues. And thanks to this forum I was able to get past them. The customer service was as poor as I have ever seen. My bolt handle was off and wouldn't eject the round and had to send it to a guy in Alaska to tig weld it correctly and then had it blue printed. It was all off. Sure hope they get their act together. They have lost me as a customer for life. Not bashing, this is just what happened. I had even named my dog after Remington firearms.

I think all if not most of us are hoping for the success of Remarms.

I looked over the Remarms website and found the twist rate specification of their proposed offerings in bolt guns to be promising.

The new, and not so new, cartridges 7 & 6.5 PRC are cataloged in the 700 LR model with common barrel twist rates for said cartridges. I also see faster twist rates for 7RM (1-8) and the 223R (1-8) good for them. As best I recall the 270W still retains the 1-10 barrel twist rate, no modern heavy for caliber projectiles for that venerable war horse.

I really like the features offered on the Alpha 1, but wonder why no PRC offerings in this model. They offer the 7RM and 300WM in the A1 so it isn't a bolt face or LA v SA receiver issue. I would think those interested in the features offered on the A1 would be interested in the newest cartridges, but perhaps the marketing research says otherwise.

I noticed only the A1 has the Timney trigger, quite frankly I would scrape the Pro-X trigger on 700s in favor of Timney. I say this with the bias required of a Timney fan-boy,

Last edited:
I've shot the Remington 700s for over 50 years, I bought my first one in the 24" inch M700 BDL in 6.5 Rem Mag the first year it was introduced in the M700 BDL... very sorry I ever let that one go, an unbelievably accurate rifle. I see the new M700 rifle is also in a nice wood M700 BDL, at this time it seems like only for four calibers, you know the standard one as always to test the market. I believe, if they'd bring out calibers like the 6.5 and .350 Reming mag, or calibers like the .358 Win, 8mm Rem Mag, .35 Whelen... I think you see where I'm going, some of the oldies but goodies, performed well then and they still would. I am still a big fan and blue steel and wood for most sporting rifles. Just my 0.2 I think deep down inside, we all want to go back to those days. 🤔 ;) Cheers