Remington 700 value?

Unfortunate it's in a short action, I like my 257 R in medium or long actions. I prefer Ruger or Winchester M70 in that caliber. It is a nice looking rifle for sure and definitely looks new. At least you got a decent price for it.

Last edited:
l'm going to say the value of 700s to me is ZERO. Parts are almost unobtainable. l have a 222 Heavy Varmint l cant get parts for anywhere. Common stuff like ejector and extractor. None on GunBroken or ebay. No more 700s for me. EVER
Go to a gun smith. He should be able to fix you up. I purchase a 700 LA to do a rifle build. The ejector had a problem. I think that why it was traded in. The Smith that build my last rifle catch it. Sent it in and worked over. He didn't do it himself, but knew where to have it done. If you want his phone number, email me. I give it to you.
You can now get new Rem action.

Last edited:
As long and as many Rem. 700's that I've shot many 100's a d even a few that I've shot thousands of times, I've never had to replace extractor, ejector, firing pin, firing pin spring, etc. Am I just lucky or my Remingtons are old enough to be bullet proof ? I've heard several people complain about everything from accuracy, blowing up, breaking parts, warping stocks, bad triggers, etc. I'd venture to say that I've easily owned over 30 Remingtons in various forms and never had anything go wrong or not be reasonably accurate (1.5 moa or less). Am I just that lucky or are some people just k

l bought one of the last factory produced 222Rem 700 varmint barreled actions without a bolt. Then bought a NEW stripped 700 SA bolt. l can find all the parts EXCEPT ejector and extractor. Gun value to me =ZERO
l have another early 700 Varmint in 222Rem l traded for that has a broken ejector. Zero #TWO

Go to a gun smith. He should be able to fix you up. I purchase a 700 LA to do a rifle build. The ejector had a problem. I think that why it was traded in. The Smith the build my last rifle catch it. Sent it in and worked over. He didn't do it himself, but knew where to have it done. If you want his phone number, email me. I give it to you.
You can now get new Rem action.
Thanks Mike. Both have been to gun smiths. New/unfinished one has been there since FEB. The older 222/700 Varmint was at another smith that builds rifles. He wanted to install a SAKO extractor. No thank you!

In thinking about it. I had another problem a long time back. I think the Smith put in a SAKO extractor in it. Never had any problem with it.
Gun's Collector value would change. l like SAKO extractors. One reason prefer COOPER above other bolt guns

Last edited:
l bought one of the last factory produced 222Rem 700 varmint barreled actions without a bolt. Then bought a NEW stripped 700 SA bolt. l can find all the parts EXCEPT ejector and extractor. Gun value to me =ZERO
l have another early 700 Varmint in 222Rem l traded for that has a broken ejector. Zero #TWO
Pull them up and see if they have what you need. They have Remington parts!!

Thanks Mike. Both have been to gun smiths. New/unfinished one has been there since FEB. The older 222/700 Varmint was at another smith that builds rifles. He wanted to install a SAKO extractor. No thank you!
I bought two extractors off of ebay for a 722 in 222 Rem Mag. And seen extractors for the 700s for sale. You may want to look again.

Recent Posts