? Remington SPS Value.

kc

I have a friend who runs a Pawn shop he gave me a call they got in a 7MAG Remington 700-SPS.
it looks like this guy never used it, $450.00...It has LEUPOLD scope rings, no other sights
its in a cheap black plastic stock, it looks like the previous owner had it locked up and never used it. I have a CDL model stock tucked away I bought at a Gun Show for $25.00, I could not pass it up, this was the best stock on the table.
What do you think of the price? my Springfields can wait...should I go or no go?
I also noticed the face of the bolt had no marks or signs of use..

I sure could use some advice, I have a 7MAG that will need a Barrel soon, its washed out a bit
for the first quarter inch. I could make a .300 Mag with it.

That is a not a bad price for an SPS. If you are already have another stock I would look a little harder. The cheap plastic sps stock are the weak link on these rifles. Many that have had the stocks upgraded turn into pretty fair shooters. If I were in your shoes I would think pretty hard about it. Worst case scenario, you end up with a clean magnum action for the build of your choice. You're looking $400 for an action. So for the $50 I wouldn't be too concerned.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.