Missing Remington 700 Rifles???

Thanks for the info. I am also interested in a Weatherby Sporter, as Ive heard that they are very accurate shooters. Any input for the Weatherby rifles?

You can buy the American made Weatherby Mark V or the Japanese made Vanguard. I can personally vouch for the Vanguards (Howa, S&W 1500, etc). I own several of them and with only one exception (A 300 WSM I got rid of) they are shooters. The aftermarket parts for them are fairly abundant and decent, triggers are not terrible but I replace all of mine with Timneys, and there are many models to choose from. My wife shoots a Vanguard Camila and loves it, fits her better than any rifle she has had an opportunity to shoot.

I just traded (here) into a CRF M70 Super Grade in 300 Win Mag. I own several 700s and 721/2 s. The absolute superiority of the M70 CRF is obvious to anyone. This is my fourth. The other three are all Target models: 220 Swift, 270 WCF and 30-06 Govt.

The 7xxs will be back but they will never be the "best" push feed" rifle.

I was just on Remington's website, trying to shop for a model 700 rifle. I think I was on the correct site.....remington.com......however, they had no centerfire rifles on the site. There were shotguns, and other items, but no rifles. Has anyone else experienced this? Granted, I haven't shopped for a rifle in a while, but have I missed something with regard to Remington? Why aren't their rifles on their website?

I would look at finding a vintage older Remington if I were in the market for a Remington and it had to be a Remington. The company went into bankruptcy, who knows what they were making or what their quality control was like just before they went under.

Thanks for the info. I am also interested in a Weatherby Sporter, as Ive heard that they are very accurate shooters. Any input for the Weatherby rifles?

I've had several Weatherbies up to .338/.378 Mag and every one shot extremely well. I would EXPECT 1/2" groups OR BETTER. I love my Mark Vs.

That said, Tikkas and Browning X-Bolts shoot extremely well at a lower price point.

I've had several Weatherbies up to .338/.378 Mag and every one shot extremely well. I would EXPECT 1/2" groups OR BETTER. I love my Mark Vs.

That said, Tikkas and Browning X-Bolts shoot extremely well at a lower price point.

I have seen a lot of variance with X-bolts, especially the Hell's Canyon versions. Some are unbelievably accurate, others are trash.

Of course this could be the case with any production rifle make/model

My Weatherby Mark Vs all shoot under 1 MOA (7mm to .340), as do my Weatherby Vanguards (.240 to .300). I have a Tikka 270 WSM that is also a less than 1 MOA shooter.

You can get a Vanguard for less than a Tikka, but at least for the Vanguards and the Tikka I have, the Tikka is noticeably lighter. Aftermarket part prices for the Tikka are there, but pricey and not always available (just try to find a new bolt for one). Nod goes to the Vanguard there.

I was just on Remington's website, trying to shop for a model 700 rifle. I think I was on the correct site.....remington.com......however, they had no centerfire rifles on the site. There were shotguns, and other items, but no rifles. Has anyone else experienced this? Granted, I haven't shopped for a rifle in a while, but have I missed something with regard to Remington? Why aren't their rifles on their website?

Quick question/s. (1) what do you intend to do with this rifle (shoot/hunt), (2) what cartridge are you thinking of building, (3) would a custom rifle meet your needs more (4) what does your budget look like?? You are getting some good recommendations on the thread, but it would be good to know what you want to do with the rifle once you find one.

Check out gunbroker.com, you can find probably every brand of factory rifle and quite a few custom rifles at decent prices

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.