Missing on elevation Calculation

I realize the slope was a missed read on my part. It is kind of like an airplane pilot, we all have a checklist to go through before we can fly. Our list can all be in a different order but all the same things are on the list. I missed an important factor or two and may have crashed the plane because I wasn't complete on my preflight checks.

I read somewhere from Shawn Carlock that he always factors in wind so that he never forgets, even if the factor is near zero. That is part of his complete checklist.

I believe that there were multiple small factors that effected our miss that culminated in at least a full minute miss dial on the scope.

Thanks for all your input, this has been great feedback.

You are not the only person who has done that. I am pilot as well so I have a check list I go thru. 1 thing for sure there is always wind in the mountains. My rule is 2 mph somewhere! Ha ha

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts