Remington cdl sf or savage 11

"Brownington". I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
I also really agree that reloading can turn an "inaccurate" rifle into a great shooter. I've experianced this for myself. I also agree that people tend to post bad experiences, over good ones.
Fit and feel is a big thing. Dose one feel better to you than the other? How's the trigger and the bolt feel? If you're like me, you'll second guess your choice as soon as you make it. Then you'll question yourself about the whole thing until your comfortable with it, and once it puts meat on the table it'll be the greatest thing ever. Being able to taylor the round for the rifle will make a big difference. I would guess you'll be fine either way you go.
Also, I see your from West Virginia. I've hunted West Virginia. The Otter Creek Wilderness was beautiful, and the Dolly Sods was a very interesting place to be. I really enjoyed my time there.

Johnnie, A gentleman has offered me a model 16 trophy xp in 243 with a redfield revlotion accu range scope new for 400$ it doesn't have the accu stock would this one be a good one to try in the savage line of rifles?

It's up to you, but that sounds like a heck of a deal. Is new or used? Personally I would Google the make and model and see what you find. I doubt you'll find any problems. As long as I looked at the right one, th MSRP is $740. My model 12 has the cheap stock and it shoots really well. My buddy just bought a new 111 in 270 with the cheap stock and it also shoots great. But for me, after having the Accustock, I would prefer that aluminum chassis. It really dose make for a nice stock. At $400, you could add to the rifle later if you wanted. Or, if you didn't like it you could prolly sell it and get your money back. If a 243 will be enough for what you want to do, and your cool with it, give the thing a try. For $400, if it's new, I would prolly buy it. If it's used I would just consider how used it was. If it is used, maybe the guy will let you play with it to see if you like it.

I have a Remington 700 CDL 30 06 that I bought a few months ago. I haven't had any problems with it. The mechanics seem great and the fit and finish are beautiful.
Some people have had posted problems, but I haven't had any. I haven't had time to put a ton of rounds through it yet, but so far it's great.

+1 and I like the Fender in the back ground! :cool:

Love my Fender P-bass :)
It is the same simple and punchy as my rem 700...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 90
My 2 yr old Rem 700 in 270 has not failed me. I reload for that and approximately .5 MOA @ 100yds consistently.. from a bench that is. Other than the trigger recall I've had no problems. Love the timney I put in added to accuracy.

I did go ahead and buy the savage 16 sighted it in at 100 yards was getting 3/4 inch groups at that range with my reloads 90gr speer deep curls. I'm old school so I set up snuff box's at 175 yards that's as far as my range is 5 shots 5 hits I can't down it for sure it definitely made a believer out of me.but going to change stock thinking of a Boyds lightweight thumb hole.

I did go ahead and buy the savage 16 sighted it in at 100 yards was getting 3/4 inch groups at that range with my reloads 90gr speer deep curls. I'm old school so I set up snuff box's at 175 yards that's as far as my range is 5 shots 5 hits I can't down it for sure it definitely made a believer out of me.but going to change stock thinking of a Boyds lightweight thumb hole.

Excellent choice! Good luck and have fun with it.

Last edited:
Glad to here it worked out. I'd even be willing to bet that you could get more accuracy out of it if you wanted. Well, have fun with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.