Remington 770

thats the speed of the box i take it
shoot a 5 shoot group and tell us the size
does your scope have target turrets or aiming points ?

No, the scope I use is came with the gun out of the box. Very standard.

Marshall,
Many scope turrets are calibrated in MOA's and when your drop chart says that to shoot at 480 yards you need 6.0 MOA'S then you turn your turret to the number 6 and let it fly. We're just talking for the vertical adjustment. This method is more precise than other methods that use turrets having distances on them instead of MOA's. Good luck to you!

Thanks! I did do some learning on this last night, although I think you may have explained it a bit better.

Marshall:

1. Get your barrel free floated. If you're a little bit handy, this is something you can do yourself (wouldn't take much to find instructions on this site or someplace on the internet). By free-floating your barrel you ensure that nothing is touching your barrel which can influence how it behaves when being shot and it's more likely it will behave the same from shot to shot (remember, consistency leads to accuracy)

2. Have a gunsmith work on your trigger and have it set for 2.5 or 3 pounds of trigger pull. By reducing the trigger pull, you reduce the amount of tension (or influence) you have on the gun during the shot.

3. While the gunsmith is working on your trigger, have him check your scope bases and rings - to ensure they're rock-solid in place. You would be surprised how many people think their rifle is terribly inaccurate and it's really just a loose scope ring or base.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information. Actually the video I have has a part in it that actually shows you step by step what to do. Although, they do use a lot of equipment I don't own.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.