remington

awd-turbo

Hey guys, i am new to long range, and i am doing a build. I ordered a remington 700 sps-v, and it should be here in the next week or so.. I am looking to replace the stock on it when it comes in.. and i have been looking at the bell and carlson ones...
[FONT="Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica]2092-97[/FONT][FONT="Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica]Bell & Carlson A2 Style Remington 700 SPS BDL Vertical Grip Tactical Medalist Series 2092, 2096, 2997, 2998 & 2999
(2092 Remington 700 Short Action BBC, 97 Olive w/ Black Web)
[/FONT]

this is the stock i am looking at.. but i am not sure if it will fit the rifle! Do i have to make any adjustments? I have read about changing a adl to a bdl model, but i am not 100% sure if the sps is the new ADL model? and what things will have to be replaced?

The SPS Varmint is a BDL short action rifle. With that being said those should be your guidelines when buying a stock. If you dont want to have to do any modifying make sure you get a stock that has a barrel channel designed for a varmint barrel. If not, you can buy any BDL SA stock and open it up to fit a varmint barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.