Remage Build Action Question

ghostrider272

Just received my 6 BR Norma Remage barrel, now to determine what action to build on. Has anyone built a Remage on a Christensen Rifle action? I have a lefty in the safe and was thinking of taking the 6.5 CM barrel off and using the action for the Remage.

IF the Christensen action has the same thread pitch as the RemAge you should be fine. Head space, torque it down, and check head space again.

You didn't have the action already when you ordered the barrel?

My barrel wrench required me to use the same company's recoil lug or it wouldn't work witht eh Remage, so something to think about.

Thanks guys. I know it will fit a Christensen action. Threads are the same. More interested in if a Christensen action is worth a Remage build over a factory Remington or a Defiance/Stiller for a lot more coin.

Had a different action when I ordered the barrel and no longer have the action.

In rank order, least to greatest.

Rem
Christensen
Stiller
Defiance

What I would check is if Christensen threads are like a cleaned up Rem. If so, they are slightly different.

This is a Remage I put together in 300 ultra. They can shoot!

AFB3F6AF-9DF1-4624-B2FC-E91B13A18F71.jpeg

38FC09DA-DAEA-473E-9010-ACFCD7C12D6D.jpeg
0396C0C4-D02D-4C1F-9CFC-4F231C589272.jpeg

I was saying that a disadvantage of the CA is not fitting into aftermarket 700 footprint stocks. I really like the actions otherwise

Thanks! What I've found on the CA is that the bolt release is not high enough to fit a Rem 700 style stock without shaving off some of the material on the rear right side of the stock where the action sits. That could be why you had issues with it not fitting. Or was it something else?

The action was slightly short and created a bind. I suspect it was from when they trued the action and thought I should put it out there if you were on the fence. I tried it anyways but it created flyers

If you ordered it for a Remington build it on a Remington!! Of the actions listed so far none measure what I feel is interchangable, there are several specs that should be correct on a Remington tenon that would make it not interchangable.