Remage build

So I took a rem 700 long action, trued it today them mounted a Critarion Barrel on it with Savage style barrel nut 6.5x55 26 inch varmint contour
mounted a DNZ scope base, will get it out to the range soon
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

very easy to do

I like the look of it over a standard Savage.

Stupid question.....Do you install barrel like you would on a savage action? In essence making this an easy switch barreled Rem 700?

aldon yes same as the savage.

fmsniper great looking rifle how do you like the game reaper scope mounts and is that a plus moa or flat mount

I like it, can you tell me the make and model of that stock? I like the sporter look of the stock but with an integraded cheek piece?
Thanks
Bob

I like the look of it over a standard Savage.

Stupid question.....Do you install barrel like you would on a savage action? In essence making this an easy switch barreled Rem 700?

Yep exactly the same, very easy, only thing I did extra is lap the lugs and true the action

Last edited by a moderator:
aldon yes same as the savage.

fmsniper great looking rifle how do you like the game reaper scope mounts and is that a plus moa or flat mount

I like the mount, it's solid, 0 MOA, my Mk4 should cover any MOA needed

I like it, can you tell me the make and model of that stock? I like the sporter look of the stock but with an integraded cheek piece?
Thanks
Bob
Bob stock is McMillan HTG, I just finished Devcon bedding it, sunny hill bottom metal, I adjusted the factory trigger to 2.5 pounds, later i will change the bolt handle

1st 2 shots were in the same hole, I moved out to 200 yards and shot a .5 inch group, at 400 yards1 inch group, all this is with factory HSM berger 140 VLDs.

Just curious when you trued the action and you face it off did you indicate off the threads or the bolt raceway. I think I am going to go this route on one of my remingtons.

Is that a standard Criterion savage prefit? If so than the threads are the same on the Rem as the Savage. Which recoil lug did you use?

been antelope hunting all week, just killed 2, 239 yards and 415 yards with 140 grain Berger VLD
IMG_20121023_072259.jpg

IMG_20121023_173332.jpg

IMG_20121024_123121.jpg

I trued it off of the receiver OD itself
Just curious when you trued the action and you face it off did you indicate off the threads or the bolt raceway. I think I am going to go this route on one of my remingtons.

remington threads , yes standard CRriterion barrel with thier nut and recoil lug

Is that a standard Criterion savage prefit? If so than the threads are the same on the Rem as the Savage. Which recoil lug did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.