Rem 700P takeoff stock worth???

losthelegend

I bought a 300 RUM Remington 700P right handed with palm swell and am doing a build off of the action. I am looking to sell the stock but have no idea what it is worth or what brand it is. If this is in the wrong category I apologize. What do you guys suggest on a price to ask for it? I am not looking to get rich off of it but I also want to be fair. Here are some pics. Thanks for your time on this matter.
P1000973.jpg

P1000975.jpg

P1000976.jpg

~250 is what I have seen them sell for on average.......so from 2-275 depending on condition and what the market will bear...

I was going to say $225 but thats the lower end. $250 would be a fair price. I think thats the same stock as the Senduro, just black.

This stock is an HS precision stock with the aluminum bedding blocks. It should be around 250 or so if you can find a buyer. In my opinion it is a good stock, why not consider using it or at least keeping it for another build? Just my opinion though.

This stock is an HS precision stock with the aluminum bedding blocks. It should be around 250 or so if you can find a buyer. In my opinion it is a good stock, why not consider using it or at least keeping it for another build? Just my opinion though.
You're correct. They are pretty decent stocks and will work very well for a LR rig with very little additional work.

To the OP if you can get between 200-250.00 you're doing well. Personally when I'm done with a take off stock I'm happy to get 150.00 for them just to make room.

You should also keep in mind that in order to get a "better" stock than this you're going to spend about 500.00 at a minimum.

Thanks for the input guys! I really dont have any plans of doing another build for quite some time so I figured I would make room in the reloading room. I am trying fund a night force scope purchase so I will be selling a few other things to. Just have to get some pics and put them on the classifieds.

Does the seller or the purchaser typically pay for shipping? I have never sold anything over the internet so I do not know what the process is. Do I wait til I receive the funds or do we send at the same time? Like I said, I am a total noob when it comes to selling over the internet.

Thanks for all the advice.

There is no one way to do anything over the internet.

The way I would do it is post a price with shipping and insurance included in the price. The insurance protects both the seller and buyer. I have experienced issue where it was not included and it comes down to one party or the other getting hosed. In my case I ordered a barrel that slid free of the packaging and was never located. I received an empty package. The Seller was an upright fella and refunded me my money but was a loss for him.....

I usually ask for a U.S. Post office Money Order as that is pretty solid.

Ship upon recieving the M.O.

But some are OK with Pay-Pal for non firearms.

Firearms are prohibited by Paypal I believe.

I have had issues with Paypal as well. Those worked out because I was buyer and used American Express I let them duke it out with paypal and they refunded me my cash until the seller came through with the product as promised. Amex then charged my card. But it turned a 2-3 day thing into several weeks.

Checks can be dicey IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.