Rem 700 7mm re-barrel advice?

Ugly Dog

I have a rem 700 7mm loosing accuracy barrel is throated about 3-4". I was looking for input on what to convert it to or leave it a 7mm. I like to use it for those coyotes that sit out there past 500yards and beyond. I also use it for deer and elk hunting occasionally. What other cartridges are .540 bolt face that shoots as flat or flatter than rem 7mm with same or less recoil? I want to use the same action, box magazine and stock as is. It's a sendaro barrel profile right now so I'd stay with that.

Thanks in advance

26 nosler. 127 LRX at 3450 fps. 0.6 MOA or so. Super flat. Mule deer and a moose both at 700 yds. Obviously if you change cartridges will cost in brass/dies etc. I have 2 that i rebarreled on savage actions. Love both of them. 0.8" at muzzle straight taper. Shoots like a varmint rifle, but has been very good with big game.

I would say stay with the 7RM if you want to buy only a barrel and a chamber job.
If you move away from that to say a 7mm PRC your price for dies, brass etc. add to that that cost. You have a bunch of options as you will soon hear.
The 7RM is right in the middle of many chamberings that do the same jobs you require.

Keep it a 7 rm. New doesn't mean better, you could go to a 7 prc but yet you won't be able to shoot it because of the lack of ammo and brass. You may get a little more speed or shoots a little flatter but it doesn't mean the critters are anymore dead

If .284 is your thing then If you reload a 7 mm mag is a great cartridge but if you stay with one look into getting one with a long freebore than sammi. maximize that Baby.
if your shoot factory then go 7mm prc. The design of the case and cartridge is already there.
Stay with a 8 or 8.5 twist

one other option is 300 prc.

if you are go with the 30 cal then the gun will weigh less just going up in cal and staying with a sendaro.

I have shot 40 years of a 7 mag and love them. Great round especially if you maximize it with a custom reamer. Maximized mine with heavy bullets for many of those years. Especially for bigger game.
but…. If elk is your thing go 30

If .284 is your thing then If you reload a 7 mm mag is a great cartridge but if you stay with one look into getting one with a long freebore than sammi. maximize that Baby.
if your shoot factory then go 7mm prc. The design of the case and cartridge is already there.
Stay with a 8 or 8.5 twist

one other option is 300 prc.

if you are go with the 30 cal then the gun will weigh less just going up in cal and staying with a sendaro.

I have shot 40 years of a 7 mag and love them. Great round especially if you maximize it with a custom reamer. Maximized mine with heavy bullets for many of those years. Especially for bigger game.
but…. If elk is your thing go 30
Have a 375 ruger that is my go to elk gun. I keep the 7mm with me for backup/spare