Redding Model 25 Turret Press?

engineer40

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a good New Years.

My father in law just texted me a picture of a Redding turret press and asked me if I wanted it since he knows I reload. He states it says "Redding 25-2" on it. Upon some research, this must be a Redding Model 25. He found it cleaning out his uncle's place (who is in his 90's).

Seems like it might be a cool stout old turret press. But initial searching has left me with a feeling like I won't be able to get parts if needed. For example, it doesn't have the primer tool(s). Do any of you know if we can actually still find parts and accessories for the Redding Model 25 presses?

I have a Lee Classic Cast for my long range rifle work. Most likely if I got this Redding turret it might get dedicated to 223 ammo. But I use the Hornady die bushings already, so I'm not sure I would save any time in the long run.

I have to admit, initially I don't like the "looks" of it. That slanted turret just looks odd to me.

I owned one. I never did warm up to the backward slant. And that was not peculiar to the model 25, I haven't liked any press with a backward slant. It was a well-built quality press and functioned flawlessly and I could make good ammo on it but I sold it in favor of a second Ultramag. I think you can still get support from Redding in Cortland, NY, if you find you need parts. If it's free jump on it like a fat kid would jump on a doughnut.

You can see the one I owned in the background in this photo.

I owned one. I never did warm up to the backward slant. And that was not peculiar to the model 25, I haven't liked any press with a backward slant. It was a well-built quality press and functioned flawlessly and I could make good ammo on it but I sold it in favor of a second Ultramag. I think you can still get support from Redding in Cortland, NY, if you find you need parts. If it's free jump on it like a fat kid would jump on a doughnut.

You can see the one I owned in the background in this photo.

Thanks! I don't believe he plans to charge me for it. I don't think he barely knows what it is.

Do you think I could still use a powder measurer on it even with the slanted turret?

Good question, I never had an automatic powder dispenser on mine.

You might consider using a wedge when mounting it to bring it to an upright position. I was not aware wedges were available when I had mine. Doesn't say too much about my forward thinking does it.

Pretty easy to make it vertical. Use a protractor to determine the slant angle relative to vertical and then either machine a wedge from steel or a block of hardwood and bolt 'er down.....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.