Redding t7 turret press

Huntsman66

I have been using an RCBS Rockchucker for many years, and it has served me very well, I have been contemplating moving to a turret press to make life easier. Can any of you recommend the Redding t7 or other press that you have experience with.

thanks in advance

Here is a bump for you.
I too have been looking at purchasing the t7, as a new reloader it seems that right now you have to just take what you can get. I will watch and see what the others say for feed back on this press.

I purchased a T-7 press a few years ago, and I love it. I still have the my single stage RCBS on the bench too. The T-7 is big and strong. I still have an old Lyman turret also, and now it looks like a midget. You won't be disappointed.

Very happy with the product that the Rock Chucker produces... I could also switch in the Hornady Lock n Load Die Bushing setup to help speed up the changeover

Having a second press would be nice as well

I was about to pull the trigger on the T7, then I watched a video of the Forster Co-ax press and looked for one in stock for 6 months, got tired of waiting and purchased a Frankford Arsenal M Press and am glad I did. The changing of dies is as fast as turning a turret, it replaced an old Lyman All American turret press, it was giving me issues with runout and constantly having to adjust my seater dies due to deflection in the turret. I am not saying the T7 is not good, but if you can get a Forster Co-ax or Frankford arsenal M press I would go that route.

I have been using an RCBS Rockchucker for many years, and it has served me very well, I have been contemplating moving to a turret press to make life easier. Can any of you recommend the Redding t7 or other press that you have experience with.

thanks in advance
I too have had a rockchucker as only press for 5 years and it's had a lot of use-it's been great but with cost of 9mm and 45acp, decided to start loading those as well and needed something faster but didn't want to go auto indexing route.

The t7 is excellent-it's sped up my process hugely with same level of precision.

I got the inline fabrication quick detach set up along with a light and hornady powder die and the primer slider set up on the press and couldn't be happier with it.

Added the same quick detach set up for the rock chucker to swap out for pulling billets out using it instead of the t7 due to my rcbs puller not being a good fit on the t7 without removing several dies 1st-that's been the only "downside".

I use my electronic scale to weigh powder and pour through the powder die-that works GREAT as well.

I'd say it depends on what you are loading on it. If you are doing high volume handgun loading just get a dillon. If you want to just make rifle ammo quicker then it would sure make it easier.

I bought a Rockchucker kit at a garage sell many years ago and it worked great until I got into loading for auto pistols. I bought a T7 to speed up the process and gave my brother the rockchucker.
worked great but I still ended up with a Dillon. The T7 just wasn't a volume machine.

I was just about to buy a T-7 about 3 yrs ago when a friend gave me a Forster Co-Ax press. This is the best press I have ever had. Very accurate and die changes are very fast. The main reason for having a turret is so that you don't have to keep adjusting dies. That process is eliminated with the Co-Ax. The other issue you have to take into consideration is the high cost of extra turrets. They are not cheap. And with the FA press you have to buy those die blocks. Again, more expense.

Everything is hard to get these days but just keep trying. But in the long run the Co-Ax will be the cheapest (don't have to buy extra turrets or die blocks), the strongest and the most accurate press.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.