Rechamber 300 RUM

If it's an internal mag go with the Wyatt's 3.83" or 4" box

In all honesty the 300 Rum is a Great Cartridge, you can run the 150 gr for let's say Whitetail, 180 gr , 200 gr, 210 gr 215 , 220 gr , 230gr all can be used on Mule deer , Elk ,Moose ect.
All in the 1/10 twist barrel ,

I do have a 26" Carbon 1/9 twist barrel that is pushing the 245 gr bergers @ 3010 ft.per.sec. no critters with that one just yet !
Set up right the 300 Rum is great Round !

Hard to go wrong with Rum ! It taste great and knocks the Critters down !

Rum Man
I was wondering why you had the name Rum Man. I think this answers it now! lol

If it's an internal mag go with the Wyatt's 3.83" or 4" box

It has a manners stock with a gen 1 mini chassis and uses 338 lapua AICS mags.

Berger 215 HT in my chamber are right at 3.895" oal. That puts them just over my 3.825" mag box. However, I can load one in chamber and one in the magazine as the bullet tip sits just above the box at the front.

That's why I will do a 4.000" box next time.

Berger 210 VLDH bullets sit just fine in the 3.825" box as they have a shorter nose.

I've got an R700 chambered in 300RUM that is currently with the gunsmith getting a few things worked on. If it isn't a shooter any thoughts on what to rebarrel it to? Or would you keep as a 300RUM I bought it used and have not shot it yet.
Keep it RUM unless you're loading beyond mag length with heavy for caliber bullets.
In that case I'd recommend a 30 nosler custom throated, it'll kill a 300 prc improved.

I use both RCBS & Hornady standard 2-die set. Nothing special. Both work quite well. I like the Hornady seater with the addition of the micrometer seater stem as well the Hornady seater stem for the longer nosed bullets.

My RUM with 10" twist in a 26" barrel loves the Barnes 180g TTSX or the Nosler 200g Accubond or Nosler 210g ABLR. Haven't tried anything heavier to date, I hate Hornady products, so not going there.
I would keep your RUM, I was impressed with it straight away and I am a die hard fan of the 300WM, I own 5 of them!

Cheers.

If you go with the wyatt's box, do the 4" CFE-9. I'm rocking a mostly stock Remington 700 sps, factory chamber. Running 3.96" in the mag, .045 off the lands.

I use the Redding bushing dies. Whatever dies you go with, get a micrometer seating stem.

Probably rebarrel after next season, 9 twist.

Definitely gets the attention of the prs guys shooting 6BR in a 18-20 lb rifle when you whack that 4" gong at 500 plus yards with a 215. Lol