7mm rechamber

Are you looking to rechamber the barrel on your rifle or put a custom barrel on your rifle?

You can go for anything bigger than a rem mag like stw or rum or you could have it cut and chambered for a wsm.

Like shortgrass said options will depend upon magazine length but I have REBARRELED several win mags and they are essentially the same. The bolt face is .532" and without bolt work you can rebarrel to:

6.5 rem mag - my favorite and have done 2 from 300 win mags, there is lots of room to have it reamed so you can seat those long 6.5 bullets way out and get out of the bullet taking up case capacity

264 win mag
300 win mag (mag length may be critical since the 300 win mag case is longer than the other win mags)
338 win mag

338 RUM - I rebarreled a 338 win mag into one but I had a long magazine. The case head is only a couple of thousandths larger and I needed no bolt face work or rail work

375 Ruger - this caliber is designed to fit in a 3.4" action and has more case capacity than a 375 H&H. I rebarreled a 264 win mag into one without a hitch

458 win mag?

There are probably more.

What kind of gun and how long is the magazine

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.