Recent photos of shooting events and such.

Dave King

Some of you may be aware that I singlehandedly invaded Canada earlier this month, here are some photos of the events.

This is IanM's shooting event I attended over near Lloydminster, AB or SK I can't tell for sure (it all looks alike up there). It was a balmy 25 fahrenheit (or however it's spelled) and we were plinking at steel out to 1500 yards. There was a small nest of gophers playing around at the 900 yard steel, I do beleive none were injured BTW.

A few of my pictures (and my view of how the event was...) notice the snow and obvious chilled looking folks.

lloydminster037-rs.jpg

lloydminster038-rs.jpg

lloydminster039-rs.jpg

Here are IanM's photos and the Canadian view apparently (yes, these were taken the same time as mine).

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

The 650?? and 750 yard targets are to the right in the bottom of the coulee (there is a tree line between the two targets) in the right center bottom of the above photo. The two immediately visible targets in the center bottom are close, real close, about 400ish. If you look to the top right, very near the top there's a small white spot, that'd be 1200 yards I beleive. The 900 (barely visible) and 1000 yard targets (apparently not visible) but are located below and a little to the right of the 1200 yard target.

There's also a few firearms in the photo, a 50BMG, 338-378, 325 WSM, 375 H&H, 300 WSM, lots of 308's , a 30-06 and some others no doubt.

Here's me turning my hearing aid down while setting my Peltor Tactical-6S to my head. That's "The Monkey Blaster" I'm using for a rifle. I'm in my typical hunting garb (urban camo). We hunted from the ground, spot and stalk on the oil and gas company cut lines. I did get a nice but bothersome sow, we let her go twice but she insisted on pestering us so at about 10 yards I pasted here with an Accubond from The Monkey Blaster. I didn't take a picture ??? (just another bear at this point) and also because we were concerned with the waning light and long quad ride back. (She, or one like her, had eaten part of the quad seat... a too common practice in those parts. The quad was only about 5 days old, brand new!!)

callinglake041-rs.jpg

Dave,
That shoot gave me a cold that lasted two weeks - was worth it to shoot with you guys tho! Strange how you seemed to enjoy spotting and calling shots from that HEATED little tent - pretty obvious who the warm-blooded Yank was...

Why is there no snow in my pictures? Because the **** .50BMG, .338 Ultramags and Dave's .375 MonkeyBlaster melted it all courtesy of those **** muzzlebreaks. Believe it or not, the .50 dried out the ground enough to throw dust up over everything. We had some nice toys out there, Nightforce, Gnats *** Precision, Mike Rock, Badger Ord. were well represented /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for putting up the images Dave, reminded me of a fine day somewhere in NW Saskatchewan. Also some real good, but **** cold shooting. Barrel over-heating was NOT an issue that day.

We need to shoot again - next time how about the one kilometer WHITE BUFFALO that we have been talking about for a few years. We are heading down there shortly, need to hang a beating on that sucker. Will get some images to show you what it looks like.

Tell me more about that lunar landing unit looking bipod on the fifth gun from the right in the bottom gun photo.

I can't tell for sure but I think I want one.

That is a bipod from Sinclair International, works great but is a bit bulky for field carry... I really like it, the rifle is not perched up on top so the recoil seems to push straighter back. Guy on the left shooting prone is using it on a .338 Ultramag. You can see the bipod in detail in the Sinclair Catalog - now don't tell me that you do not have one of those! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I haven't had a Sinclair catalog for a number of years. I got in the habbit of buying components or reloading gear localy or from Midway so I haven't needed one. I will be buying some Redding dies soon so maybe I will get one coming on the way.

Thanks for the info on the bipod and the pictures. Looks like a ton of fun and some good shooting spots.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.