Rear shooting bag

Tgunz64

Looking at shooting from now on with bipods and monopod/rear bags. Currently use either a cheap matrix rest or a lead sled dft 2 rest. Don't really care for the lead sled. I don't shoot competition or anything like that. Just my own hunting rifles occasionally. But I am looking at the Armageddon gear game changer and their X wing bags. Open to other options as well. Thanks!

Game changer or fortune cookie isn't ideal for a rear bag. Too big, bulky and heavy. The mini versions are better. I personally like the Rifles Only "Brick". It offers three different heights, and because it has square corners, is pretty stable.

John

Hi, while we're in this thread, I'd like to add a question. I shoot mainly from a bench at a NJ range (no comments please about our Bolshevik state, I'm moving to the free state of Tennessee in about 1.5-2 years). This being said, I need a bag that is at least 6-8 inches high to support the rear based on the way the range is laid out. I have the caldwell high bag and it doesn't cut it. I shoot both bolt and AR variant (10 and 15) rifles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi, while we're in this thread, I'd like to add a question. I shoot mainly from a bench at a NJ range (no comments please about our Bolshevik state, I'm moving to the free state of Tennessee in about 1.5-2 years). This being said, I need a bag that is at least 6-8 inches high to support the rear based on the way the range is laid out. I have the caldwell high bag and it doesn't cut it. I shoot both bolt and AR variant (10 and 15) rifles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Why not use a cut to size 2X6 or 8 and place under the existing bag? That is what I have to do at one range I shoot. Just another option to consider.

Why not use a cut to size 2X6 or 8 and place under the existing bag? That is what I have to do at one range I shoot. Just another option to consider.
I was thinking of that, glad to hear it worked for you, I'll definitely try it! Thank you!

Thanks for the comments fellas. After looking at several bags I decided to go with the Hunters Wedge. Looks like a stable rest and easily adjusts the height by sliding it back or forth to get the correct height.

Looking at shooting from now on with bipods and monopod/rear bags. Currently use either a cheap matrix rest or a lead sled dft 2 rest. Don't really care for the lead sled. I don't shoot competition or anything like that. Just my own hunting rifles occasionally. But I am looking at the Armageddon gear game changer and their X wing bags. Open to other options as well. 20D1D096-521F-434B-B3AA-23C8D6570A9D.png
20D1D096-521F-434B-B3AA-23C8D6570A9D.png
I use this one. Fill it with the fill you like and the amount you want for height. You can squeeze the bag to get the final adjustment you need.