Ultralight Rear Shooting Bags 1.8oz

I like this idea. May have to steal it.

I had a rear rest that was filled with ground walnut shells - like the ones you use for cleaning brass. It weighed almost 2 lbs. Replaced the walnut shells with polystyrene craft balls which are about 0.15" diameter and $8 on Amazon. Filled up so it matched the butt of my rifle well. It now weighs about 3oz. Great for backpacking where weight counts. Might consider elastic paracord so it holds tight but remains adjustable.

IMG_0676.jpeg

I had a rear rest that was filled with ground walnut shells - like the ones you use for cleaning brass. It weighed almost 2 lbs. Replaced the walnut shells with polystyrene craft balls which are about 0.15" diameter and $8 on Amazon. Filled up so it matched the butt of my rifle well. It now weighs about 3oz. Great for backpacking where weight counts. Might consider elastic paracord so it holds tight but remains adjustable.

View attachment 208489
Is the tan paracord secured to the bag?

Is the tan paracord secured to the bag?

Yes. Since you're opening the bag anyway, punch a small hole in the middle of the V and attach the paracord. Also useful to attach to a backpack. The Caldwell rest has a Velcro closure to unfill/fill and makes it easy. I used a funnel to fill which also makes it easy to pack all of the spaces inside.

Yes. Since you're opening the bag anyway, punch a small hole in the middle of the V and attach the paracord. Also useful to attach to a backpack. The Caldwell rest has a Velcro closure to unfill/fill and makes it easy. I used a funnel to fill which also makes it easy to pack all of the spaces inside.

If you like a heavy rest, put some lead shot in for the range.

With the size of this one, this is going to be best used with something else when your in the back country or away from the truck. A jacket, pack, bino harness or anything else and then put the Ultralight bag down. I plan on getting some shots of video soon of how I will be using this bag.

We will probably come out with a bigger bag that is double the weight and maybe 50% bigger.

We will move the fill point also..

Hey guys it has been a while. Hope all is well.

This rear shooting bag is designed for hunters and shooters looking to lighten up their rear shooting bag. We have carried a rear bag in the mountains for years that weighed over 1 lb. For shooters that have extended range shots, and need a rear bag that is lighter weight. This will be the answer. The Ultralight Rear Shooting Bag weighs less than 2 oz. It usually comes in around 1.8 oz. It's made from 600D Poly-with A-TacsiX camouflage. The fabric is polyurethane coated with a water repellent finish, making it weather-resistant and easy to clean. The orange loop is great for visibility and you can hang the bag off your bino-harness or backpack chest strap for easy access. The max rear adjust-ability is around 8" for those angled shots.

This item is shipped free separately

View attachment 207214
Do you know when an order placed this past friday may ship?

I still have 12 bags to ship out. They will be done this weekend.

Sorry we were a little busy.

I have a bag from another maker that I bought last year. Tried to find something light for filler and lightest I had previously found was lightweight kitty litter but it still came out at nearly 2 lbs. Bought a couple of liters of B2B's filler and it now weighs 4.8ozs. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.