RCBS rockchucker priming arm pin broke?

I thought that was just a sliding pin, not a screw.

I see they changed it, and the priming arm design. You're talking about the knurled knob...the threaded part is probably pretty small and might be fun to drill out. Just use a hand primer...;)

Last edited:
Get a priming tool and forget the RCBS arm. I have use a priming arm on RockChucker in 40yr
Have had the Lee hand priming tool that I have used for 20+ years. Have to use press cause one cartridge won't fit in the hand priming tool.

I quit using the priming arm on my Rockchucker press 40 or so years ago. I like the Lee press mounted tool & have 2 of them, 1 for large primers, 1 for small primers. Depending on your volume or style of priming, there are many other priming tools available.

Home Depot and others sell a product called "speed out". It's a drill head combined with an EZ out. Works in a drill or screw gun. Check them out they work pretty well.

Home Depot and others sell a product called "speed out". It's a drill head combined with an EZ out. Works in a drill or screw gun. Check them out they work pretty well.

Assuming the bolt isn't too hard, you'll probably get the job done with the left hand drill and an easy out. A cobalt left hand drill is better, if your bolt is too hard for the high speed steel version. The ultimate escalation might be to call around to local automotive machine shops to see if one has a spark erosion stud remover (EDM machine). This critter is sort of a reverse welder, precisely eating away the broken bolt or stud with electricity. It doesn't care how hard a bolt is.

Last edited:
Maybe start using a hand primer like the rest of the civilized world? 😁 I'm just kidding, but I do prefer the hand primer. Now on my progressives I do prime on the press.