RCBS Matchmaster Powder Dispenser

Allen Kitts

I have been looking at one of these and want to know the opinions of the guys who own them or from guys who have used them. I have an old RCBS Powder dispenser but it is starting to deteriorate with its consistency. I use a second scale to validate each throw but am spending to much time trying to get the loads consistent without a bunch of additional work. Too high or too low on the drops. I hear the new one is fast but it is also a lot of money so I thought I would ask the question here before making the plunge. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom you can share.

It not much more to just get an AutoTrickler that I'm 100% certain is a far superior product. With the fx -120 scale and an extruded powder I get within 1 kernel of powder on every charge and it's probably 5 times faster than my old charge master.

Last edited:
I have been looking at one of these and want to know the opinions of the guys who own them or from guys who have used them. I have an old RCBS Powder dispenser but it is starting to deteriorate with its consistency. I use a second scale to validate each throw but am spending to much time trying to get the loads consistent without a bunch of additional work. Too high or too low on the drops. I hear the new one is fast but it is also a lot of money so I thought I would ask the question here before making the plunge. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom you can share.
i have no experience but imo. if i was prepared to spend 900 on an auto powder device, id probably spend a little more for the auto trickler. theyre 1200 on UM

also the 1500 is the older discontinued model of the chargemaster.

The MatchMaster is priced at an odd spot. If you're willing to pay that much, then paying some more for an AutoTrickler makes a whole lot of sense.

I'm also not convinced that for most individuals, a ChargeMaster Supreme isn't more than "good enough". I've had mine for about 9 months, and it works really well. I also have a ChargeMaster Link (bought both as open box units from RCBS for about 1/2 price), and the Supreme is both faster and more precise.

I have nothing negative to say about the RCBS unit, but I recent purchased the Autotrickler combo directly from CEproducts and it is under $1,100 including shipping. It is my first powered powder dispenser, so I don't have any experience with other units, but I'm incredibly impressed by the speed and accuracy of the unit. I also couldn't find any reports of someone preferring a lesser unit, so no regrets here.

Don't know if this will help but when I first got my dispenser a mentor advised me to get a straw from Burger King, gently slide it up into the dispenser tube and cut off the the excess. I did that a haven't had any issues with over/under dispensing since. Try that before spending your hard earned cash.

I have nothing negative to say about the RCBS unit, but I recent purchased the Autotrickler combo directly from CEproducts and it is under $1,100 including shipping. It is my first powered powder dispenser, so I don't have any experience with other units, but I'm incredibly impressed by the speed and accuracy of the unit. I also couldn't find any reports of someone preferring a lesser unit, so no regrets here.
at CE, currently its 1070 + 170 shipping to us. and its OOS
UM is 1185 and 16 for shipping and oos but can be backordered