New RCBS Powder Dispenser

Ian M

Just demo'd the new RCBS powder dispenser - serious impovement over the original unit. You can program about 40 pet loads into memory, all the pertinent load data comes to the screen at the touch of a button. Bullet and wt, powder and charge, caliber etc.
Fast and accurate . Direct connection, no beams. Protective lid for the scale while it is in operation.
Slick, think I need one.

****, I got so intrigued with how easy the guy made it work I totally forgot to ask those two important questions. Think they are pretty close to delivery tho, seems he said that. Was wondering if I REALLY need one - what the hell, why not. It is a huge improvement over the earlier model tho. Direct plug in scale to dispenser, only one power cord will operate both. Slick transparent drop "window" totally protects scale from any air movement. Computer run and easy to figure out, even for a dummy like myself.

I looked at them on the net just the other day. They will run from $274.99 to just over $300.00 depending on where you look and order. They are out there now. They (RCBS) has a kit w/ the 1500 Dispencer and the newer Master reloading kit with the larger press for larger shells. it runs around $499.99.
Look @ arms and ammo/ cabela's.
Hope this helps.
p.s. great reviews on the 1500 dispencer.

Bought one myself

The Powder measure and scale combo at Cabelas. I paid 249.00 for the whole deal. It works great and lots faster than the older one. I picked up and extra powder pan from RCBS to speed up the process even more. While your dumping the powder into one case...Use the other pan to throw the next charge. I had to trim a little plastic off the other pan to make sure they both zeroed the same.

Great purchase!

Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.