Matchmaster powder dispenser and N570?

eod.mickelson

Wondering if anybody uses a matchmaster to dispense N570, because I'm having issues with it. It seems like about every 20 charges, the huge kernels jam up the small trickle tube and I have to run a small wooden dowel into it to break a stuck kernel free.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My only thoughts how to get around it is to program it only using the large tube but looking at the instructions I'm not sure that's possible.

Thanks in advance for any input!

N560, N565, N570, I call them the chunky monkeys.

They do not measure well in many powder measures. They bridge up and clog.

They work best in various automated tricklers which weigh every charge.

Wondering if anybody uses a matchmaster to dispense N570, because I'm having issues with it. It seems like about every 20 charges, the huge kernels jam up the small trickle tube and I have to run a small wooden dowel into it to break a stuck kernel free.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My only thoughts how to get around it is to program it only using the large tube but looking at the instructions I'm not sure that's possible.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Do to the Lincoln log kernels of N570 it is an occurrence not only in the RCBS powder dispensers, but most others as well that I have used. Don't have a solution for your problem other than what you are currently doing. Or just shoot a less throat eating powder lol.

I ended up going back to a beam scale and powser scoops and a reading hand powder trickler. It has not slowed down my reloading spped that much

Do to the Lincoln log kernels of N570 it is an occurrence not only in the RCBS powder dispensers, but most others as well that I have used. Don't have a solution for your problem other than what you are currently doing. Or just shoot a less throat eating powder lol.

Yeah, I really like shooting the 245s because they're so slippery in the wind here in southwest Idaho, but, in probably going to switch to N565 or H1000 and shoot a little lighter bullet.

Yeah, I really like shooting the 245s because they're so slippery in the wind here in southwest Idaho, but, in probably going to switch to N565 or H1000 and shoot a little lighter bullet.
H1000 or Retumbo do really well with the heavy's depending on caliber, assuming 30 cal is what you are using. US869 and 50BMG. You will probably produce speeds similar to n570 with Retumbo.

H1000 or Retumbo do really well with the heavy's depending on caliber, assuming 30 cal is what you are using. US869 and 50BMG. You will probably produce speeds similar to n570 with Retumbo.

I am shooting a 300 Norma and 245 eol and LRHTs.
I missed out on this last availability of Retumbo, but have access to plenty of N565/568/570, so I've kept my experimenting to viht powders thus far.

Try any of the automated powder tricklers that weigh charges if you are gonna load N570, N565, N560

Chargemaster Light on up.

Recent Posts