Property owners - have you noticed this phenomena?

Hi all,

I'm lucky enough to own my own hunting property. No big deal but it's 33 acres and is part of a 165 acre farm that was parceled out back in 2008. It's 10 acres tilled and 23 wooded with 1500 ft of creek frontage. It's "land- locked" by other property in Ag retention all around it. We just finished construction of our home on this piece of ground in August. Anyway, the guys on either side of me are hunters too. We get along fine, but there is a bit of " territorial" sentiment that is always lurking beneath the surface between us. With that said, my question is this:

Is is just me, or does it seem to be that cherry hunting spots always seem to be situated around property boundaries?
I think it's the old saying that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence ! I have great spots in the middle of my 150 acres and can find good spots also on the property boundaries ! But I think most of us have a watch on or near boundaries knowing that game will most likely get chased across those lines by the other land owners ! Just my take !

Hi all,

I'm lucky enough to own my own hunting property. No big deal but it's 33 acres and is part of a 165 acre farm that was parceled out back in 2008. It's 10 acres tilled and 23 wooded with 1500 ft of creek frontage. It's "land- locked" by other property in Ag retention all around it. We just finished construction of our home on this piece of ground in August. Anyway, the guys on either side of me are hunters too. We get along fine, but there is a bit of " territorial" sentiment that is always lurking beneath the surface between us. With that said, my question is this:

Is is just me, or does it seem to be that cherry hunting spots always seem to be situated around property boundaries?

In defense of these Interlopers, some property lines are defined by natural deer attractants like, bedding areas, crop (food) fields, woods, fence rows, creek beds, etc.. If your hunting a several hundred or thousand acre grain farm and the natural transition and bedding areas are on the property line I understand why a stand would be built there. BUT, do I trust the hunter to not turn around and shoot onto the other property if no one is looking? NO WAY not taking that bet at any odds.

I know guys so rabid about deer hunting they would be less upset finding you in bed with their wife then finding you hunting in there stand.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.