Problems with H1000? Rifle randomly shoots high

Need help, went hunting and couldn't hit elk at 250yds, then 350yds, and 250yds again. Rifle is shooting high, way high, all of the sudden. I can't figure out what has changed. I shot it 2 weeks ago and had no problems. Talked to a guy and he said H1000 goes bad or unstable after a year or so. I have never heard anything of the sort on H1000 and cannot find anything relating to that. Any suggestions?
The GUY doesn't know what he's talking about. Something has come loose or scope was banged! Start with a torque wrench

Need help, went hunting and couldn't hit elk at 250yds, then 350yds, and 250yds again. Rifle is shooting high, way high, all of the sudden. I can't figure out what has changed. I shot it 2 weeks ago and had no problems. Talked to a guy and he said H1000 goes bad or unstable after a year or so. I have never heard anything of the sort on H1000 and cannot find anything relating to that. Any suggestions?
I agree with JUD. It's not the powder. I have been using H-1000 for over 20 years. it's never done that.
since you are now consistently high I would suspect the scope jumped on you and needs to be readjusted. this happened to be on a hunt in Montana. my then reliable scope (bushnell elite 3200) got jarred while I was riding up the mountain to base camp. I was no less than 4' off at 200 yards. I could not correct it at all. it was frozen in place. one of the guides had an old weaver 2.5X that fit on my gun. that year I took lots of meat home. that was the last bushy scope I ever owned.

What possessed you to fire at a live animal at 350 yds, after a clean miss at 250 yds?

What possessed whatever possessed you to fire at a live animal at 250 yds after TWO clean misses at 250 yds AND 350 yds?

Oh. And. H1000. Is. Not. The. Problem.

I've been haing problems with my new Accura Muzzleloader not shooting well. I tightened the fore end screw, and all is well. Many people recommend a torque wrench to tighten the screws.

What possessed you to fire at a live animal at 350 yds, after a clean miss at 250 yds?

What possessed whatever possessed you to fire at a live animal at 250 yds after TWO clean misses at 250 yds AND 350 yds?

Oh. And. H1000. Is. Not. The. Problem.

I wouldn't judge him that at all, in fact I'd probably have done the same thing. Most of us check our stuff enough and practice enough to have a high level of confidence in our equipment. It would take more than one bad shot to convince me that my gun was off, I'd be 99% sure that I just need to calm down and make the shot.

I clean missed an antelope two years ago at 450, just a nice easy chip shot, I got excited and shot over his back, yanked the trigger like first time shooter. I followed that shot up with a 620 yard heart shot, I didn't think for one second there was a problem with my rifle. I'm glad hunting still gets me that worked up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.