Pricing out a rifle

YOSEPPY

How do you guys estimate a rifles worth?? I've got a buddy from work wanting to buy my .264 win mag so he can get started in the long range game. I just don't want to cheat either of us by either pricing to high or lowballing myself.

Easiest approach without seeing it, nor knowing anything about it, sans the caliber....
Take it to your local gunsmith/store and have it appraised.... what they'd give you for it, and what they'd try to sell it for.
The real value of it private sale is somewhere in the middle....

It's a rem 700 Cdl actions been trued and bedded. With it will come a viper pst 6-24 ffp Moa nightforce low rings badger rail timney trigger 500 federal 215m primers 400 amax 140gr box of new .264 nosler brass and 4 or 5 pounds of R22. I was thinking like 2200 bucks for the whole thing.

2200 for all of that?
Want my CC number?
You're taking a hit on that my friend.
If that was my setup Id go no lower than 2500-2800.
Otherwise id say goof it and GIVE to a family member.

Factory barrel? How many rounds? How does it shoot? Other work done? That all has to be considered.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.