Powder Choices for 300 RUM

I havent got to the Rl-33 yet for testing ..
Some say its dirty and few have said some problems with the temp .
Most guys I have talked to have no problems . I typically dont hunt or shoot in high temps ...85 ° to 95° .
Time will tell with this new Rifle .

Rum Man

I shoot the 230 gr. Bergers in my 300 RUM. RL33 gave me an additional 75 fps in a 26" barrel over Retumbo. It is supposed to be temp sensitive and I have noticed an erratic jump in velocity above 75 degrees, so I avoid shooting in warm weather (somewhat limiting in AZ). Haven't noticed it to be a "dirty" powder, but doesn't run quite as clean as Retumbo.

Not trying to start anything, I just don't appreciate being blown off, if you don't want my business just say that.

Is your contact info still [email protected] or 208-610-4442? Because it was 100% not for lack of trying on my behalf to get things moving.
Well you kind of are starting something when you say a sight sponsor and long time supporter of this forum is being a A-HOLE without actually having a legitimate reason for it! I dont appreciate being called an A-HOLE!!

my contact info is the same, haven't changed it. And I'm going to stand by my statement from before, I'd never turn down an opportunity to build a 300 RUM !!

8133 works well in the RUM as well. 570 is great but Retumbo is my all time favorite for this caliber. I use RE 33 in my two 28Ns but that stuff is really hard to come by. I use H1000 in my Edge; seems to be the "go to" powder for that but I haven't tried it in a 300 RUM. H1000 is becoming more and more available.

I have had great luck with RL-25, but that was not with the bigger pill. I finally found some again at my local hardware store of all places.
I've used a pile of RL 25 over the years in my 243 AI. Good stuff, seems a little fast for a RUM

I've been using us869 the last few years. Works well. A little dirty no problem for me just thought I'd share. Loving my RUM it is my all time go to caliper. Ok so it's my favorite , there I said it , I feel better now.

rl33 is my favorite so far, ive tried n570, 8133, retumbo, and h1000, magnum i love with 176 atips and im playing with lrt as we speak. i got lucky and found 4lbs of rl33 on a shelf in maine along with a bunch of others so i flew it home lol to florida

Recent Posts