Powder Choices for 300 RUM

N570
N568
RL33
Retumbo
H1000 (might be a little fast for a 230 in .300RUM unless you have a short barrel)

I worked up my load in my .300RUM (28" bbl) before a lot of the slower powders were around. I used Retumbo under a 230 Hyb @ 3113, and H1000 under a 215 @ 3100. But, I have worked up loads with RL33 and N570 and they are better. Same speeds, but less felt pressure/recoil/different recoil impulse. Not as sharp.

N570
N568
RL33
Retumbo
H1000 (might be a little fast for a 230 in .300RUM unless you have a short barrel)
The short barrel myth has been thoroughly debunked! The powder that produces the highest velocity in any given barrel length generally produces the highest velocity across all sensible barrel lengths.

Unless you're also concerned about blast and flash from a shorter barrel. Then a faster burn rate is your friend.

The short barrel myth has been thoroughly debunked! The powder that produces the highest velocity in any given barrel length generally produces the highest velocity across all sensible barrel lengths.

Unless you're also concerned about blast and flash from a shorter barrel. Then a faster burn rate is your friend.
Flash from a barrel is unburnt powder.

Are you serious? You flew with powder on a commercial plane?

Not too smart and even dumber to say so on a public website. Minimum fine is $8340 + criminal referral.
no i put it in the mail and they put it on a plane and flew it to florida. i highly doubt its on a truck the whole way it made it in 2 days. all legal for the people who assume too much.

no i put it in the mail and they put it on a plane and flew it to florida. i highly doubt its on a truck the whole way it made it in 2 days. all legal for the people who assume too much.
You cannot mail powder unless you have a Hazmat license and pay the fee. Bulk powder cannot be sent on a plane - it is always transported via truck.

I just mailed something today. USPO asked if there was anything hazardous - they would have asked you as well.

Of the 3 powders I have tried, US869, RE33 and Retumbo, only Retumbo has stayed consistent. The other 2 worked, but the temp swings here were not liking the loads for LR shooting. I did try RE25, but abandoned that early in the testing. The pressure trace showed huge jumps in pressure, which indicates a powder not igniting consistently between loads.
Would've liked to have tried different powders but I did not have the same array of powders as you in the US.

Smokeless powders is not an "explosive", rather it is classified as a "Smokeless powder for small arms," Division 4.1 hazard class (flammable solid material) for domestic transportation. with that being said our company has the proper certs on file with ups and fedex, i sent it ups, and paid a 30$ fee. not to poke the bear or anything but yes it was a legal shipment mabye i should have been more specific so nobody got the wrong idea or a little too wound up. i also have every hazmat cert possible from many states and osha and even a few in australia because as a job i deal with hazmat chems and thier disposal for a living and travel the country and world doing it.

Of the 3 powders I have tried, US869, RE33 and Retumbo, only Retumbo has stayed consistent. The other 2 worked, but the temp swings here were not liking the loads for LR shooting. I did try RE25, but abandoned that early in the testing. The pressure trace showed huge jumps in pressure, which indicates a powder not igniting consistently between loads.
Would've liked to have tried different powders but I did not have the same array of powders as you in the US.
never did have issues with rl25 on the pressure trace I was running, but that was a 7stw... the rl powders do like a full/ nearly case and low to mid 60K's for peak... I do though have a hundred or better 180's loaded for the 300rum with rl25 at 3300 fps..