Post Your Reloading Bench Pictures

Kaintuckee

Looking to get inspired.

Recently moved, have not been setup to load for over a year.
My winter project is to get the reloading room completed by mid February.

How about posting photos of your room, bench, etc.

Bernie

Mine is made out of one of the 2X4 Basics kits. The picture below shows how I added extra 2x6 boards to make it more sturdy, and to give the press extra meat to mount to. The kit called for just one 2x4 running diagionally across. That would not have been strong enough. I used 3/4 plywood for the top and bottom shelf. I do not currently have it mounted to the wall studs. I have 10K each of .40 and .45 bullets in boxes on the bottom shelf. The weight of that makes this bench sturdy as a brick shithouse.

DSC03216.jpg

DSC03244.jpg

Mine is made from solid timber (Australian hardwood-Victorian Ash, which is a Eucalypt.). The benchtop is over 2" thick and the legs are just under 4" square. The support rails are 2"x4", and there is a solid timber shelf underneath and solid timber shelving attached on top of the benchtop at the rear.
TJGrossman

Obviously my picture doesn't work!​

Last edited:
Getting the reloading / workbench cleared off this time of year just ain't going to happen. I will however post a picture of the basic design. The table top is 2 layers of 3/4" plywood covered with 1/4" tempered masonite. The legs and frame are 4x4 and 2x4 construction and the upright surfaces are pegboard and they can extend the full width of the bench if you make the rear horizontal 2x4s extend that far. The table top is screwed to the frame with 3" sheetrock screws. My table top is 2' deep and 6' wide

WorkbenchJ.JPG

I have to say the samething. Mine is not that clean at all and I usually have to clean it up if I need to do a run of ammo.

One item that helps a LOT when mounting presses, drill and tap an 8"x8" 1/4" plate, drill the holes for your press, tap them, install studs to bolt the press to, and then bolt the plate to the bench. This spreads the force generated by the press over a wider footprint.

Here is my set up. Just finished it 4 days ago.

I took the easy way out and went to IKEA and bought a kitchen set up with 1.5" thick butcher block top.

Its 96" long.

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

Willys46

Great idea on adding a plate to help stiffen the top when mounting presses, etc.
I've seen this before when mounitng a vise to work bench.

Prebuilt cabinets! Wow... now that's a nice touch!

When are the rest of you gonna clean those benches off and get us some pics?

here are a few pics of my bench . I welded a .250 thick plate on both ends of the pipe legs . tapcon screwed into the cement floor . and bolted the press through the top plate . the counter tops were odds and ends from lowes . it's nothing great but it is solid . Jim
PC300259.jpg

PC300260.jpg

this is my progressive . I got into shooting bullseye and couldn't keep up with my regular press . I only do pistol on it .
PC300261.jpg

Nothing fancy here, but it works for me.
FYI, these pics are 3 years old. It's much messier right now. :D

ReloadingRoom1.jpg

ReloadingRoom2.jpg

ReloadingRoom3.jpg

ReloadingRoom4.jpg

Getting the reloading / workbench cleared off this time of year just ain't going to happen. I will however post a picture of the basic design. The table top is 2 layers of 3/4" plywood covered with 1/4" tempered masonite. The legs and frame are 4x4 and 2x4 construction and the upright surfaces are pegboard and they can extend the full width of the bench if you make the rear horizontal 2x4s extend that far. The table top is screwed to the frame with 3" sheetrock screws. My table top is 2' deep and 6' wide

WorkbenchJ.JPG

Hello 4ked Horn,

I like the design of your bench, but am just wondering, is 2' deep enough?

Cheers.

Here is my new set-up.

100_0040_Medium_.JPG

The top of my reloading bench is old bowling lanes. If you can find a bowling alley that is re-doing their lanes they usually give the stuff away. The center work tables are from Sam's Club.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.