Let's see your reloading bench

Coues Sniper

I'm getting closer to getting everything i need to reload, and it's time to start building my bench. So post up some pictures of your reloading bench/set ups to help me with some ideas. And if you have any, include any tricks or tips that you did on your set-up that you think are helpful. I can get lumber pretty easily (read - cheap :D) so i was planning on using a couple glulam beams for the actual bench top, but I haven't made it much past that. Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Here is a couple of my set-up.
HOMESTUFF017.jpg

HOMESTUFF018.jpg

Keep them coming guys....I want to see too. I am in the process of trying to get new cabinets and benches built for my reloading room.

PICT3482-1.jpg

It is getting to where it needs an overhaul! built it out of 2X12's and it is stout! 5' wide, 3 1/2' deep, and 3' foot tall. Also have storage underneath tables surface with a couple drawers and such.

I started out like Jmason until a few years back. I found this site and a few thousand dollars later...Sinclair Intl' loved me for awhile. The bench (not pic) continues around the wall and contains all my powder measures and trimming equipment. I kinda went all out and went with red oak and a few coats of poly.
bench.bmp.jpg

Last edited:
Shooting indoors is the way to go as far as convenience. My reloading/shooting room is being finished right now, hopefully the electricity and AC will be working when I get home. I wonder if I will see big pressure swings when I take my guns outside to shoot? If I do it will open the door for some powder temp stability testing I guess.

I made my bench out of 1 3/8" solid core birch doors, sometimes I wish I had used 1 3/4"

DSCN0131.jpg

I reload in my workshop attached to my detached garage, sometimes the dogs help

DSCN0129.jpg

Desk, computer and TV on the other end

DSCN0130.jpg

Fridge, AC and DSL. Comments on the mess not allowed!

No pictures yet, but I am going to remount my presses on thick pieces of plank that i will slide into a slot and be secured, when not in use they will pull out and store below the bench. same for the measures.

What a coincidence, I just took these for another forum
LoadingBench004.jpg

LoadingBench002.jpg

LoadingBench005.jpg

I am new to reloading, and this is my first attempt at a bench. The top is three layer of 3/4" plywood the top one being oak with many coats of verithane. I was a little worried but turned out to be very durable. The bottom is all solid pine. I was in a hurry to get rollin so it is unfinished. The next step is a hutch full width of the bench and high enough to cover the window. It will be built to match the bottom. After that I am done until we move in a year or so. Then I plan on adding another 16 feet of bench for a Dillon, tumbler, cleaning and maintenance area. This will be a dedicated room and I would like to have a built in gun cabinet with glass doors to display rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.