Let's see your reloading bench

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Coues Sniper, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Coues Sniper

Coues Sniper Well-Known Member

I'm getting closer to getting everything i need to reload, and it's time to start building my bench. So post up some pictures of your reloading bench/set ups to help me with some ideas. And if you have any, include any tricks or tips that you did on your set-up that you think are helpful. I can get lumber pretty easily (read - cheap :D) so i was planning on using a couple glulam beams for the actual bench top, but I haven't made it much past that. Thanks in advance,

Kevin

2. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

Here is a couple of my set-up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Keep them coming guys....I want to see too. I am in the process of trying to get new cabinets and benches built for my reloading room.

4. rocky_lange

rocky_lange Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I know, way to clean for a reloading bench. But, it is in the guest room, so it needs to stay picked up.

Rocky

5. shiredude

shiredude Writers Guild

[​IMG]

It is getting to where it needs an overhaul! built it out of 2X12's and it is stout! 5' wide, 3 1/2' deep, and 3' foot tall. Also have storage underneath tables surface with a couple drawers and such.

6. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

It's all I'm allowed room for. Tight but functional. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  7. wadevb1

wadevb1 Well-Known Member

I started out like Jmason until a few years back. I found this site and a few thousand dollars later...Sinclair Intl' loved me for awhile. The bench (not pic) continues around the wall and contains all my powder measures and trimming equipment. I kinda went all out and went with red oak and a few coats of poly.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  8. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Can't find the picture

On another forum a picture of a loading bench and a rifle sticking out the window because his rifle range was right there. Its not fair !

9. wadevb1

wadevb1 Well-Known Member

My rifle shooting out the widow lasted a whole three rounds. Wife put an end to that.

10. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Shooting indoors is the way to go as far as convenience. My reloading/shooting room is being finished right now, hopefully the electricity and AC will be working when I get home. I wonder if I will see big pressure swings when I take my guns outside to shoot? If I do it will open the door for some powder temp stability testing I guess.

11. woods

woods Well-Known Member

I made my bench out of 1 3/8" solid core birch doors, sometimes I wish I had used 1 3/4"

[​IMG]

I reload in my workshop attached to my detached garage, sometimes the dogs help

[​IMG]

Desk, computer and TV on the other end

[​IMG]

Fridge, AC and DSL. Comments on the mess not allowed!

12. adam

adam Well-Known Member

No pictures yet, but I am going to remount my presses on thick pieces of plank that i will slide into a slot and be secured, when not in use they will pull out and store below the bench. same for the measures.

13. rifleshooter

rifleshooter Well-Known Member

14. Lookinforlunkers

Lookinforlunkers Member

What a coincidence, I just took these for another forum
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am new to reloading, and this is my first attempt at a bench. The top is three layer of 3/4" plywood the top one being oak with many coats of verithane. I was a little worried but turned out to be very durable. The bottom is all solid pine. I was in a hurry to get rollin so it is unfinished. The next step is a hutch full width of the bench and high enough to cover the window. It will be built to match the bottom. After that I am done until we move in a year or so. Then I plan on adding another 16 feet of bench for a Dillon, tumbler, cleaning and maintenance area. This will be a dedicated room and I would like to have a built in gun cabinet with glass doors to display rifles.