reloading bench

TheFishBox

I thought it would be neat if everyone would list what they have on there reloading bench and maybe a picture of what your bench looks like. Also list what you have used that didn't work. My bench consists of a rockchuker supreme, rcbs powder dispenser and trickler, redding competition dies for my 338 lapua and regular old rcbs dies for my 300 win mag. I am thinking about upgrading to a redding progressive press just wondering how guys like them also. I know this has probably been done before but I couldn't find it.

Mine is rather unique. I basically live in my camper most of the time. I am a construction superintendent and right now I am 7.5 hrs away from home.

My bench is portable. A B&D workmate. I have a co-ax that I attach with clamps. I set my powder dispenser and scales up on my kitchen Island.

Here is a pic of it all set up.

Attachments

• 20151003_143157_resized.jpg
    20151003_143157_resized.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20151003_144000_resized.jpg
    20151003_144000_resized.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 132
Mine is rather unique. I basically live in my camper most of the time. I am a construction superintendent and right now I am 7.5 hrs away from home.

My bench is portable. A B&D workmate. I have a co-ax that I attach with clamps. I set my powder dispenser and scales up on my kitchen Island.

Now that is dedication to the sport. I have a 12x12 room in my shop that is a dedicated reloading room. I have two big old heavy duty desks and a old slate chemistry table. One desk is for reloading the other is for working on guns. The chemistry table is for brass cleaning. My reloading setup includes a rock chucker press and rcbs powder thrower and trickler, 5-10 scale and case trimmer plus hand tools. I use mostly redding dies except a few rcbs dies that I haven't replaced.

Built another bench for myself this weekend. I quickly outgrew my old table I had. Keep the rock chucker for the precision rifle loads and the old lee turret for pistol rounds works out pretty good. Still have to finish the bottom shelf for more powder,die,bullet storage.

Attachments

• 2015-12-13 21.24.21.jpg
    2015-12-13 21.24.21.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 20151212_194052.jpg
    20151212_194052.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I see someone has a Dandy Omega, I sure like mine but I went with the automated beam scale model. Holds 1/10th of a grain very consistently. never got into a digital measure and now I've forgotten about one entirely.......

I keep my components seperate from the loading stuff. Powder especially because I buy in 8 pound jugs. Thats all kept somewhere else. Just enough goes to the loading bench to load with....

I see someone has a Dandy Omega, I sure like mine but I went with the automated beam scale model. Holds 1/10th of a grain very consistently. never got into a digital measure and now I've forgotten about one entirely.......

I keep my components seperate from the loading stuff. Powder especially because I buy in 8 pound jugs. Thats all kept somewhere else. Just enough goes to the loading bench to load with....

love my Omega. makes trickling charges a simple push of the button. I can easily drop single grains of powder. Drop charges trickle on the gempro and check on the Ohaus YJ103. Quick and accurate.

I have been looking at the automated one. I have an Ohaus 10/10 I sent to scott parker and had tuned. That is what I did it for. Might go that way in the spring.

In a camper storage is limited. My 8 lb jugs are in the storage compartment under my bed.

This is a few years old but I too made mine portable/mobile ...

004-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

I really like the looks of your portable bench, did you try a few to get a good size. I just recently built new house and dont have a garage yet and the boss kicked me off table and granite counter tops. she just about killed me loading on the granite tops. It would be nice to set that up in mud room and get after it then move aside when done.

View attachment 55092
sorry not sure how to rotate the photo

What kind of bench is that? That looks like it would be big enough for me to reload, and actually do my gun work and cleaning on.

My current bench is a too small and crowded. I have one of the big Stack-On benches from Midway. I have been debating on buying a second one, but would prefer not to have 2 separate benches. Mine also only has 1 drawer, so storage space kind of sucks. Your bench has as many drawers as a Snap-On rollcab...That would be very usueful.

If you know the brand and part # that would be very helpful. Thanks.

It's just a Craftsman work bench with Craftsman 5 drawer
Cabinets on each end. About 150 bucks for each 5 drawer cabinet
The top is just standard kitchen counter top from home depot about
70 bucket for the 10' of counter top. Just pull the topcouple drawers
And screw the counter top on from the bottom side to maintain
A smooth flat work top. Lots of drawer space to keep reloading
And smithing tools stored and organized.
Works well for me. I think the craftsman part number is 10133.
Thanks for the comments

It's just a Craftsman work bench with Craftsman 5 drawer
Cabinets on each end. About 150 bucks for each 5 drawer cabinet
The top is just standard kitchen counter top from home depot about
70 bucket for the 10' of counter top. Just pull the topcouple drawers
And screw the counter top on from the bottom side to maintain
A smooth flat work top. Lots of drawer space to keep reloading
And smithing tools stored and organized.
Works well for me. I think the craftsman part number is 10133.
Thanks for the comments

Thanks for the info. I found all the parts needed to build a nice 8-foot bench on the Craftsman website. Unfortunately with both the drawer sections and the backwall with the fluorescent light and butcher-block benchtop it will run me nearly $1K shipped. Might have to keep saving up for that one. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.