reloading bench

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by TH, Apr 24, 2010.

1. TH

TH Well-Known Member

I need to buy a reloading table. I do not have the time to make one my self. Do you know anyone thats makes them?

2. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

I bought mine at Costco 1 1/4in thick 8ft long 22in wide and I think its about 3 1/2 ft. tall. All steel frame and is plenty stout. I wished I would have bought 2.

I thought about building one using a solid core door as the top but then I ran across these tables at Costco and it was exactly what I was looking for.

3. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

an old steel Gov't type office desk works well and used ones are cheap, with lot's of storage also.

4. BigJakeJ1s

BigJakeJ1s Well-Known Member

I assembled mine from a router table leg set from Rockler Woodworking. They have the pieces for larger benches if you want. I used their matching heavy duty locking caster set on mine so I can roll it in and out of storage when I need to. All I did was cut some plywood for the top and shelves (and a lumber yard or home center will do that for you). Loaded down with brass, bulltets, and other reloading gear, it is very sturdy and works well.

Andy

5. Bill Maylor

Bill Maylor Well-Known Member

I just set one up I bought from Sam's club. It is made by Seville 72"long X 25"X1.75"thick maple top with steal legs. Rubber cup height adjuster. This table is solid enough that it did not need to be attached to the wall. I am new at hand loading, but this table seems to do the job just fine, and also works for a rifle cleaning table too.gun).Bill Maylor

6. 300 ultra

300 ultra Well-Known Member

The bench from costco is the best I have ever used. Hell for stout and plenty of room. My 2 cents.

7. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

My only regret about the table from Costco was I didn't buy 2. lol

8. TH

TH Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all the links, It's greatly appreciated.