Poison Ivy - How to Prevent Rash

His idea was the goat would eat the poison oak, he would drink the goat's milk, and become immune to the poison oak. It didn't work. He came down with poison oak ALL over!
Let me guess, bring the goat in from standing in the poison oak and milk it? He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed?

I'm very lucky, it has never bothered me. Before Roundup, I was the gomer sent in to root it out. Ivy, oak and sumac. The roots on poison oak go so friggin deep! Hated that stuff. Sumac was easy as long as you got *all* the runners.

Let me guess, bring the goat in from standing in the poison oak and milk it? He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed?

I'm very lucky, it has never bothered me. Before Roundup, I was the gomer sent in to root it out. Ivy, oak and sumac. The roots on poison oak go so friggin deep! Hated that stuff. Sumac was easy as long as you got *all* the runners.

My communication skills are showing. The allergic person didn't milk the goat. His immune brother did. The allergic brother only participated by drinking the goat milk.

I call it Green Death. If you can get the urishrol off your skin in 90 minutes or so, you can usually dodge the bullet. Always have long sleeves, gloves and pants for trail maintenance. If that fails, it's off to the doctor for a Prednisone dose pack. I've been there more times than I care to admit!

There is something I remember. I think it's called rus-tox. It was a homeopathic liquid I dropped under my tongue years ago. It worked but I had to use it all year long to be ready for hunting season. Not worth it to me.

OK, just got back inside from doing some more trimming. I was extremely careful. OR SO I THOUGHT!🤬 Broke out on on leg really bad. So so dang ticked off (no ticks this time though!) and had an epiphany! I grabbed my Go-Jo that has pumice and skin conditioners and scrubbed the heck out of my leg. The G0-Jo doesn't feel great but HOLY COW! The break out subsided within an hour and has completely gone away! So I am thinking the G0-Jo with pumice may be another means to physically scrub the urushiol oil off your skin. So far after 4 hours the break out is completely gone. I took a shower after using the G0-Jo to get the pumice completely off as well but I am now thinking this may be worth trying to remove this dang oils from ivy, sumac etc.

Attachments

• Go-Jo.jpg
    Go-Jo.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 23
When I was about 10yo I was ground hog hunting with my dad. Natured called and dad told me to go in the woods...he said "just grab a few leaves" so I did!

I bet I had that stuff on 80% of my body!

I've had to get shots a couple times and found bleach saved me a lot of suffering.

I got it off my "spring turkey hunting" camo's one spring, from the spring before. I wash my clothes between trips so it survived washing and 10 months hanging in the closet.

It popped up after I packed up my clothes getting for a eastern turkey hunt. I wasnt even in the woods.

But I will say it was not very bad...two small areas on my arm.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.