Here's a suggestion that may help to prevent future banning incidents

CrossHare

Here\'s a suggestion that may help to prevent future banning incidents

Why not we simply impose a "War room" which intails less or a lot less moderation? A place for posters to be a bit more laid back if you will. If you have a problem w/another poster simply call him outside as opposed to settling the discrepancy in front of the kids. Just a thought.

Re: Here\'s a suggestion that may help to prevent future banning incidents

We have placed/made such options/suggestions for member consideration in the past but we didn't call it a "war room", we called it "e-mail".

Most disagreements can be settled in a civil manner and so long as things a civil there should be no problem.

I believe that if members have a disagreement to settle and choose to do so outside the bounds of the LRH posted rules it should be done off-board. I feel that a personal disagreement should only be handled by and viewed by the two (or more) individuals concerned. As in the military (my military...the older version) "Go somewhere out of sight and work it out, I don't want to see or hear the festivities."

Re: Here\'s a suggestion that may help to prevent future banning incidents

[ QUOTE ]
This forum can thrive without any particular member's contribution but if you have been around the internet for a while you all know of forums that have shriveled because of member strife. This forum is known to be different than others in that regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Len said it best. This is a differant site. To add a war room would make it the same as other sites.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.