Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

I have used Berger's for a long time and haven't had any trouble out of any yet. but y'all got me thinking about the tips being closed clogged up and not expanding so i'm wanting to test them out for my self. i shot hundreds of hogs a year down here in south Texas and don't do any thing with them.
so i'm thinking of shooting a couple in the head with a 22lr then hang them up so i can shoot them at different ranges just to see what happens with clogged up bullets with different kinds of stuff clogging them up pocket lint, mud, foam, cord board maybe bang some around in a magazine any kind of stuff you may run in to hunting. i have a unlimited supply of targets just waiting to be test piggies.
any one got any idea too make this work better i'll video it and take pics of the damage.
but i know that i have not had any trouble killing the crap out of hogs with both SMK or bergers so for.

Never had the opportunity to meat Broz but with the way he approaches things he'd be welcome around my campfire anytime.
Going to go at this with the 6.5 140 VLD hybrid target to start with. Got a son who finished his marine career, got married, bought a new house and a custom rifle just doesn't fit into budget. He just picked up a 6.5x284 factory savage in a LRH. with a factory barrel he figures the hybrids would have a better chance of flying straight with less effort. Berger does not make the 6.5-140 gr in a hunting hybrid so once we get his rifle, scope, mounts and everything gathered up we'll start from scratch. Ordered 2 boxes of bullets yesterday.

Don't want to hijack this thread but if anyone has some media ideas please send me a PM - I'm all ears as this is virgin territory for me. We're going to do some testing. We intend to test the same bullets right out of the box, meplat tool, and crimp/plug the noses shut.

jello, thats what ballistic gellatin is. allbeit its high quatity and calibrated. but you can filter it reuse it and insert bones from the butcher shop or what ever

I agree with Jeff, the Berger's are A+ for friendly.
Additionally Ive never had anything even appraoching this problem, most of my kills have been with the same bullet. you had poor results.

He never said that they wouldn't fail. For someone to say that something man made wont fail would be an idiot. Everything man made has a chance of failure and will fail at some point in time. I believe that Eric and their team is trying their best to make those chances as small as possible.

Eric and his team has gone above and beyond as a business to come on here publicly and try to test the bullets that are seeming to fail and try to fix the problem.

I am not sure as to why Eric didn't answer your email but maybe he is just a tad bit busy?!

As for you getting kudos on buying Berger bullets, I don't even know why you posted that. Is it because you wanted some kind of praise like Broz was getting? I am sure this is one reason that Broz didn't want any praise from them or any free stuff because there would be someone on here that would want to jump on the bandwagon as well and cause some grief. Well, I guess he was right.

I buy a ton of bullets from other companies. Just started with Berger earlier this year. I don't expect any praise from the company that provides a good service to the community of hunters and shooters.

I have not yet had a bullet failure from Berger so I can't tell you what the problem might be but I bet Eric and the people at Berger will do everything that they can to figure it out.

Hey Eric, can I get a free t-shirt or hat for this supportive post? J/k of course. :)

Why not post the videos on the doe and elk so we can see the hit. Then someone may have a suggestion. It certainly can't hurt.

So what now is your bullet of choice? Have you made any other long range kills with bullets other than bergers and how did they perform? You can PM me if you'd like.

I just ordered a 338 barrel and going screw this barrel off. I will be shooting the 285 lrx Barnes and the rest of my guns I will have to use berger simply because there is really nothing else. I will switch the rest to the Nosler Alr. Like I said I know problems can happen, but this dog and pony show in the publics eye crap ate on me. Eric said personally send me a email and he will take care of it. What a front to put on. I expected him to run me around saying what I did wrong and I was going to show him video footage of exact hunts I am talking about. I even mention this happening to other people that I know. He said might have slipped through the cracks. I am one of the ones that fell in the crack.
I was even going through the trouble to try and find some 215 hybrids to tryout, but was told 6-8 weeks.
bowhuntwhities, i will send you a pm in a bit here.

Ya i agree with bowhuntwhities on this one, as him (ERIC) not being able to reply to a direct email but can post a message that people world wide can see doesnt make any sense other than he does not want Berger bullets to have a bad reputation! Which it is great that he got involved on this forum, but i think the personal emails need to be taken care of as well! Or are we just supposed to post a new topic on this forum to get a response from Berger? I personally started this forum topic in the first place to try and figure out some issues with Berger bullets! I did NOT want success stories as i stated before i have plenty of success stories and have heard plenty of them, but i did want the truth to come out and hear some of the negatives! We all know that there could be a possible flaw in a company's product, but to happen more than a few times is unacceptable! And i hate when people on this forum treat you as you do not know anything about shooting or hunting. like stating my bullet isnt seated at the correct depth ect...REALLY??? you think that i am stupid? or are you just taking the company's side to help them out! Maybe you havent shot enough Berger bullets to recover a flaw yet! I think that Bowhuntwhities posted a pic of 87+ boxes of bullets (in one year) showing that he supported Berger and shoots alot more Berger bullets than the average Joe! BUT on the other hand he expects to get superior customer service back! and after calling the techline and asking for them to email Eric direct (Which he did and did not get a response back) is b.s. And i dont think Bowhuntwhities is trying to get something from the company he is stating the results on how the bullets performed! He also is just wanting honest results! It will be interesting to hear the results of the bullets that Eric pulled off the shelf and set aside. I just dont get how people can get so defensive and automatically blame it on the shooter! I too shoot a pile of Berger bullets, and i know for a fact that we are not to blame for Bergers faulty product. Eric himself stated he found at least 10 bullets that were full enclosed. Phorwath, i believe it was, stated out of 450 bullets he found 7 that were defective before he even loaded them! We want and expect superior customer service if we spend our dollar on whats suppose to be the best product on the market! I film alot, but not all of my hunts as well! I will try out the new Nosler's and see how they perform long range! I guess it cant get much worse, might as well try something new!

I posted it because everyone has the opinion that it can't be and you have to be doing something wrong. And that you have to prove you know something other wise you are a dumb idiot. I stated why eric could not get back to me, he is to busy covering up the forum talk that didnt happen. Before long people start thinking maybe it was something I did wrong. I am strong minded and will state without a doubt what I seen happen this year with my bergers.
It is really funny the ones that get on certain forums. They do it just to keep on staying in the pocekts of these big companies to try and get a freebie. I feel that some people would be scared to death to tell their wife if the lost a animal just because they love berger so much. Just so sick and tired of how great eric is do and handeling things. This is the same guy that said there are not problems so look else where to maybe there could be. Or is he the guy that states we are going to have something available but cannot produce it with in any reasonable amount of time after coming out with it. I dont justify anything he is doing for how this forum went. Point fingers so you dont have to deal with it.

I will get you a T shirt.

BERGER
I shoot more and bring home less.
I'm not personally sold on using the Berger's for hunting other than shooting at varmints but I see no need to trash the company or Eric. They are doing what they can to produce great LR bullets and working very hard to improve their line of hunting VLD's.

If you aren't happy with them Shoot Accubonds, Sirocco's, or Interbonds, all of which come with proven hutning bullet technology and performance with High enough BC's to be very accurate at long range.

Give Eric and the rest of the Berger crew a brake though. They are doing all they can to produce a quality product and treat people right.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.