pic of 210g wildcat and berger

remingtonman_25_06

I remember someone wanting a pic of both the 210g bullets I was shooting. The Berger VLD is on the right and the wildcat uld rbbt is on the left. From my limited shooting out to 800 with both bullets, so far the berger seems to have a little edge on the BC. I did not have any wildcats laying around, I have them all loaded up, I had to pull a bullet just to take this pic, so enjoy!
13z4sg5.jpg

Thanks for the picure. Have you tested the performance of
these bullets at that yardage as yet in the way of expansion
& penetration? I ask because it appears that I may go on a short hunt this fall for Cow Elk in CO. with my 300WM Sendero. Of course I know I have the 200 Accubond, but I am curious about these two bullets.

I have shot them both into wet newspaper at 100 and 200 yards, the WC's held up slightly better then the VLD's, but were no where near what you would consider "controlled expansion." They both were pretty violent. They did penetrate about 12" which is pretty good, so I think the weight and SD still definately helps out with the penetration. EIther one would work wonders on a cow elk assuming no heavy bone was encountered on a close shot. The expansion at 800 yards is controversial. SOme bullets were nicely expanded, some looked like the tip was just deformed and the bullet was twisted a little bit. It was kinda weird. This was with the WC's. The bergers expanded a little better at 800, but still mixed results. My testing media was not exactly what you would call perfect either. I was shooting my targets at 800 and they were impacting wet sand.

Thanks for the pic! I think that's the first 30 cal Wildcat I've seen. It looks like we have a pretty good selection of 210's now with Sierra also entering the fray.

How long are they? Judging by the pic I'm going to guess about 1.55" which is pretty darn long. While they may not need it for flying (although it may help BC a little), I'm wondering how your terminal performance tests would have turned out from a 1:9 twist. Just thinking out loud....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.