210g ULD

remingtonman_25_06

I have shot a couple loads with the 210g uld and my 300 RUM. Results have been satisfactory. I am using Retumbo and Fed 215 primers. Have been trying anywhere from 88.5g-92g. Have found my dads rifle likes the lesser charges. Shoots 89g at 3000fps. Groups right at 2" at 200 yards. Not the best group in the world, but its better then the rest. Also trying berger 210g vld's, same powder and weights. 89g is also shooting the best with the bergers, again right at 3000fps. I will shoot the ULD's at 500 yards and try to come up with a rough estimate of a BC based on drops. The bergers have a BC of .640, and are pretty spot on at least from my standpoint. The ULD is the same length, the ogive is a tad different, but ill start at .625 and see where that puts me.

I am guessing you are talking about the wildcat 210??

Me and BJ have been staring at these bullets for a while now, **** nice lookin!!! I tried to section one of them to get a look at the jacket, sucker chewed up 4 bits on my dremel tool!!! TOUGH SUCKER!!! Several of the bullets I have got from Richard lately have had a meplat that is similar to the berger/jlk type. Looks really good. BJ is pushing them around 3200fps in his RUM. He is still trying to settle on a load but I think they should be impressive. I figure the BC to be similar to the berger but with a tougher jacket.

Outta be hell on wheels for game!!!

steve

Rem try those wildcats out past 300 that is where they are going to kick in! alot of times it takes them a few hunred while to settle in! They are long range bullets strech them out and see what happens I think you will like what happens!

lerch, yes they are the wildcats. I have done my load testing at 200 yards. The rifle is a rem 700 LSS. Its actually my dads rifle. Nothign done but a trigger job. It does not seem to be as accurate as my same rifle was. My rifle was a .5-.75 MOA rifle, his is a MOA rifle. I thought it would be a little more accurate since its only got about 100 rounds through it, but its not any better then mine with 1100 rounds trhough it. I need to shoot it at 500 and see how it does. It should shoot tighter at long range. I shot both bullets into wet newspaper at 100 yards. Both showed rapid expansion. Both were mushroomed all the way to base of jacket. The wildcat however, did have noticably heavier weight retention of 70g. The Berger VLD held 45g.

WIldworks, I was looking to shoot them out to 500 and 800 this weekend, but its windy as hell. Need to get them zeroed with a good drop chart out to 800, black bear season has started!

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to section one of them to get a look at the jacket, sucker chewed up 4 bits on my dremel tool!!! TOUGH SUCKER!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lerch,
Try using some epoxy to bond it to a backer of wood, or metal, then use either a belt sander, or a bench grinder to work down to the guts. Super easy, and WILL work. Ive "sectioned" solids with this setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.