Pete what´s with the sws 2000 action?

älg

Pete you seem to know that action well...ever tried it ?? It looks rather heavy but also strong.

Alg, I'm the SWS2000 UK and Eire distributor. The SWS2000 action is basicaly 2 actions. There is a Short action which is sleeker and slimmer, that has a screw in barrel in the traditional sense,it has 2 action screws, a jewel trigger with safety, it will accomodate up to 308 winchester sized cartridges in its standard form using either a Sako 75 magazine conversion or a TRG mag conversion. I'm currently playing with different extractors to have it accomodate up to the WSM case head sizes. and also at mating a HS Precision long action magazine conversion and alterations to the feed ramp to enable us to use the 6.5x284 and similar length. In single shot it will accomodate any long action cartridge in the non magnum case head size range(again with the different extractor it will take the magnums also).
The Magnum action, which is big and bold, will take anything up to 338 lap mag and similar in its standard form. It is a switch barrel rifle that clamps the barrel via 3 hex head screws.swapping bolt, barrel and magazine can have you go from 223 rem to 338 lap mag in about 3 minutes.
Both are a flat based action,available as solid bottomed single shot or open bottomed repeater, with an intergral picatinny rail, 0 cant as standard and 20MOA as special order(otherwise a one piece ring set up is available with varying cant angles to accomodate needs). Nitrate coated chrom moly is the standard material for the action and bolt, however stainles and titanium are available as special order. The rifle utilises a jewel trigger with safety in the trigger guard. A number of stock options are available, any McMillan tactical or match stock, 2 propreitry SWS2000 stocks and we are also looking at the HS stocks for the short action. fluted bolt, and various other options are available. Lothat Walther barrels are standard but any barrel can be used if the customer wishes.
There is an intermediate action planned for early next year, which will probably do away with my extractor and feed ramp designing for the long action calibers.
I've been in with ideas from the start on this rifle and i was impressed the first time i saw one about 5 years ago.
I've taken on the UK and Eire distributor ship due to my interest and faith in the rifle system not due to thinking i can make a fast buck. I realy believe the rifle system is a well thought out and well designed piece of kit, it is superbly accurate, even when swappping between barrels.
My favorite is the ULV, which is a light weight sniper rifle which was designed to fill a requirement for a german Spec Ops unit, and is now available as a hunting/practical rifle. I've currently one in 260 rem on order. Ive also a magnum action, with 2 barrels( 1x308 and 1x6.5x284) coming along in a McMillan A5 and with a TRG mag conversion.
I've personaly got a number of customising options that i carry out on these rifles, from fully moderated barrels, to different cammo finnishes, to SSG bolt knobs, basicaly anything thats desired within reason and doesn't come standard.
I'm going to be displaying some SWS2000's at the UK Midland Game fair this year and at Bisley a couple of times next year.
If you look on my web site (www.roedaleprecision.com) there are some pics of the rifles, or some of them. Unfortunately the SWS2000 web site is out of date,, they are building rifles at a high rate and haven't yet up dated thier web pages.
I'd rate the actions/rifles with the best that are on the market. F Class and Bench rest models start around 1750 GBP and range up to the full military sniper rifle kit at over 5000GBP.
Pete

They say the bolt head has three lugs.. is the bolt a solid piece or does the head detach for those caliber group changes?

The bolt has 3 lugs, and has a 60 deg bolt lift, The bolt lugs lock up with action lugs in the short action as in a traditional bolt action would and with lugs in a barrel extension in the Magnum(switch barrel) action, in a similar way to a Sauer 202 or Sig SHR 970. its just far more substancial and solid than either of those.
The lugs are the same size as the bolt body, i forget the term for this, as apposed to something like a remnington 700 where the lugs extend out ward from the bolt.
hope i answered your questions.
Pete

THANKS PETE. SOUNDS GOOD.. AND SOMETHING TO BEAR IN MIND FOR THE FUTURE.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.