Per Round Pricing

the price wont matter scince the house democrates just passed a complete band on assualt rifles it wont matter it wont pass in the senate but if there is no red wave come election day how long do you think the senate will take to fall under presure. this would mean before long anything over 5 round clips will be baned. so no mater what the cost buy all you can now. this includes spare ammo and rifles to hide in the ground .I never thought in my life I would be writing this. ALFA TANGO FOXTROT OVER AND OUT.
China Joe will do an executive order. Come take them.
Cheapest steel case 5.56
(I don't buy Russian ammo anymore) here is .45 cents . Brass .55 cents.

If my failing memory serves me correctly primers alone were $0.02 a piece. There used to be a site for shotgun and metallic cartridges to calculate exactly what the cost was per cartridge and box of 20 or 25 but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Cheapest I remember back to 1976 was 0.88 cents . I still have some !

That Peak Performance ammo was 28 cents around shipped to my door. I can remember when I could buy a 303 British carbine for $15 or a six five by 55 for 20 dollars and ammo then was still around $0.10 around. Any Young man of 16 could walk in and buy either of those rifles and 100 rounds of shells and when you shot that ammo up you'd go back to get some more ammo and my gun dealer would tell me I haven't got any more of that again but I've got ammo for this gun and you would trade that old gun in for a new one and out you'd go again. Do you think a kid of 16 today will be telling stories like that in 61 years.

Last batch of M855 5.56 I bought was $0.21/round for a lot of 10,000. Definitely pre-Obama.

As for truck pricing, I'm with you all. I can afford the price, but just cannot do it. Used truck prices are even more ridiculous and things will only get worse until the economy turns around.

With regards to brass case rounds FMJ, hollow point, whatever.....Bulk ammo for magazine dumps and tree shoots type of fun.

What are the lowest per round prices people are finding for .223 rounds ?? If memory serves me anything around $ 0.04 per round was a great deal several years ago. A nearby Scheels has .223 around $ 0.06 per round plus 10% off. Case of 1,000.

How about 9mm ??

Their shelves are stocked with bricks of Small Rifle Primers and SR Mag. They have a decent supply of powder. Ammo shelves were packed. Woo hoo !!!!
.06 a round for .223?? Cheapest I can remember is somewhere in the .23-.28 cents a round range before all the latest craziness. What is the total price for 1k? 9mm @ .12-17 a round was good in the past.

Occasionally I've found some really good deals. Fortunately I stocked up 5 years ago when I found good prices. I was able to buy 1200 rounds of 223 with Nosler ballistic tips for $299.97 (including shipping and tax). That was $0.25/round. I was also able to buy FMJ 223 for around $0.25/round on a regular basis and sometimes for a little less.
My best deal about 5 years ago on 9mm FMJ was $5.00 for a box of 50 Remington UMC. That was $0.10/round. I bought all 36? Boxes the store had that day. I would generally buy bulk 9mm at close to $0.15/round.
Now I wound be happy to purchase 9mm for $0.25/round and 223 for $0.35/round. I'm hoping to find some decent deals after the election around thanksgiving and Christmas sales.

I watch gunbroker as well. I sniped this back in January in the last 15 min. There was some tax on it but but free shipping and it worked out to like 41 cents a round.

I know a guy in town who bought a ford diesel , he was happy and thought he got a great deal At 100,000.00?
What kind of payments a month for that?
Then add insurance and fuel , not much left over for expensive reloading components, or factory ammo either.
My first "brand new truck" was back in 94-- bought a dodge ram 1500 single cab v6 off the lot for $13900 down in Louisiana-- bought a used 2015 f150 4dr 4x4 xlt I'm 2016 for 36grand--- some of these top end new trucks cost more than first house did --- but then again- my parents first house was less than 40g. My salary doesn't keep up with the inflation though

My first "brand new truck" was back in 94-- bought a dodge ram 1500 single cab v6 off the lot for $13900 down in Louisiana-- bought a used 2015 f150 4dr 4x4 xlt I'm 2016 for 36grand--- some of these top end new trucks cost more than first house did --- but then again- my parents first house was less than 40g. My salary doesn't keep up with the inflation though
Agreed , I have bought houses ,that were nice live-able one and two bedrooms ,up in the mountains ,in the past 15 years, for less than these new truck prices.
No vale la pena
I have never had a brand new truck , by choice .

I am driving a 2001 Dodge Ram diesel 4x4 ,that I bought used for 20,000.00 in 2005 ,when diesel was always cheaper than gas.
it had 38000 miles on it ,the sun has beat the hood , and the dashboard .
The truck now has over 200,000 miles and as long as it keeps running ,I will wrap the whole thing with duct tape ,to keep it together ,if needed , before I pay 75,000.00 to 100,000.00 , for a new one.

Last edited:
Did a little history search and according to the information I found the government acquired over 411 million rds. In 1964 and paid .067 per ? Just saying